2021 Cardinals MLB Game 132 thread – Sunday, September 5 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 132 thread – Sunday, September 5 at Brewers

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    14NyquisT
    Participant

Bling you are spot on.

Its sad and maddening to see what the franchise has become these days from the dysfunctional MLB unit right down through a truly dreadful minor league system. And from what we can see at least, ownership is fine with it.

What will be different next season? The thing is that there is little hope of getting much help from the minors very soon and Mozeliak won’t be encouraged enough to put a better team on the field in ’22. The back of the bullpen right now is blowing any chance of STL crawling into the play-offs. This chatter here of the Cards starting a run “now” and then “now’ and another terrible defeat “now” is getting old fast. All hope seems to be dashed.

To lose another game like this has to be so damaging to the clubhouse mojo. And Card fans seem to be walking away from the ’21 version of this team in droves… Arenado will be giving serious thought to doing the same. What else is there to say.?

jim
    Participant

Free

Thank god I couldn’t find a hotel in Milwaukee for less than 350 dollars or I would have been driving home to Iowa 5 hours after absorbing another bullpen meltdown yet again…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ny said:

Arenado will be giving serious thought to doing the same (leaving).

I get the frustration with the current team, I really do, but this assertion is refuted every time it is made. So it is again.

Beat writer Katie Woo of The Athletic covered the subject in detail this past week.

Here is her conclusion.

“Nolan Arenado is not opting out this offseason.”

If you subscribe, you can read the whole thing here.

https://theathletic.com/2796862/2021/08/31/cardinals-mailbag-the-sosa-dejong-shortstop-conundrum-adam-wainwrights-potential-2022-return-september-call-ups/

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

edit. moved comment to correct thread

bccran
    Participant

Jim – Did you try Super 8, Motel 6, Red Roof Inn, etc.?

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years