2021 Cardinals MLB Game 132 thread – Sunday, September 5 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 132 thread – Sunday, September 5 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Boy that inning tightened the ol’ you know what!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Gold Glove Goldy! Got a new moniker. Triple G !

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

Would really love to have two insurance runs this inning… but we’ll see.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

3G !!

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maddux has got to go after this season. It took a strikeout on a ball almost in the dirt and a blistering liner right at Goldschmidt to get out of that 8th inning. Gallegos was rattled while on the mound. That’s something we’ve seen time and time again. Maddux is the leader of the pitchers.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

OK….. come on…. Double Play here….. and back home!!!! Lets go!!!!!!!

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

Intentionally walk him…. then bring in Reyes… so we can see another Walk Off!!!!!

1982 willie
    Participant

Well we are trying to give another game away and schildt is just watching it, finally gets somebody up, should have been up at start of inning. I don’t think Reyes is right guy either at this point.

1982 willie
    Participant

Can’t even throw a fastball for a strike

1982 willie
    Participant

Going forward to next season, we have got to get this closer situation taken care of. Gallegos hasn’t been the same since the illegal substance crackdown. Reyes struggles with walks and giving up big hits.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I agree Willie theres nothing magical about the 9th inning. Got a 4 run lead. Just need some body that can throw some low strikes. Jeez C’ mon Man!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

OMG! Need Reyes to come up big here!

1982 willie
    Participant

Now the ump is on vacation.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Is this déja vu all over again?

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

OMG … what a way to lose!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Wow Really?

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Groove him a fastball… makes sense

1982 willie
    Participant

Yea that’s typical. Maybe worst of season. Yea we should have scored more runs but heck they may have covered no matter what our big guys. Maybe time to give these other guys a chance at closing

Wooster
    Participant

Free

A win on Milwaukees part or meltdown on St Louis?

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

The days of a 7th inning guy, an 8th inning guy, and a closer need to go bye bye. How foolish is it to keep repeating the same mistakes.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Got to say it. Using the same three obviously isn’t working. Insanity is doing the same things over and over again expecting different results.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

“A win on Milwaukees part or meltdown on St Louis?”

Manager and Pitchers Meltdown!!!!! My Vote.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

This was the last game for me! We have the same problems over and over and never really have a plan! Finally, they benched DeOut about 2 months too late! It is a rudderless ship and the top must be fixed before the results on the field will start being better! Looking forward to next year with DeOut, Carpenter, Miller and Martinez! We should be better by subtraction but with out front office who knows! Will be back on next season!

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

“Intentionally walk him…. then bring in Reyes… so we can see another Walk Off!!!!!”

I guess I won’t ever say that again!!!!!!! Must have been Karma.

David
    Participant

Free

My heart goes out to Reyes…. I feel so bad for him. If we end up missing the playoffs by 1 game, the game against the Pirates and Crew this last week will be the 2 games people will look to unfortunately but the games I will look took are the many late in game management decisions by Shildt. Virtual hug to Reyes.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.