2021 Cardinals MLB Game 121 thread – Tuesday, Aug. 24 vs. Tigers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 121 thread – Tuesday, Aug. 24 vs. Tigers

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP Jack Flaherty (9-1, 2.68) vs. RHP Casey Mize (6-6, 3.69)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSE in TN, KY and MS

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Need these next two games just to get some momentum going here. I expect flaherty to pitch well, hopefully offense can get it going. We need more a less a laugher. Every game seems like it’s just so difficult.

bccran
    Participant

If they would explode for more runs (especially early), when facing a starter with a high ERA, it sure would help.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

3 1/2 behind the Pads, 4 1/2 behind the Reds.

A nice 10 game winning streak is in order….if only we had someone like Wong in the leadoff spot……

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

On a good note……the Cubs have now lost 13 straight home games. That’s quite an example of futility. Plus their previous record for consecutive home losses was 11 games.

Looks like the Cubbies we all know and love are back……..

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

That’s a good point, Rats. The Cubs are woeful. Despite the Cardinals poor decisions, at least they have not liquidated the roster and become a joke.

Now maybe it will work out in Chicago and they will be riding high again soon, while we wallow in mediocrity, but it would be tough to deal with an abysmal ball club. It is hard enough following a .500 team.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

On a good note

I’m not sure how good a note it is, Rat? These hapless cubbies are enhancing their draft slotage with each passing week. When the Royals drill you in your own park, you know things are pretty bad. These guys may not win 5 more games for the remainder of the year. Casey Mize. Anyone know if he’s related in any fashion to Cardinal great, Johnny Mize?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree Pugs. The Cubs are going to have a lot of high draft picks and a lot of money to spend in the near future. They will be back and we need to be ready.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Another point of view. As I wrote over the weekend, AFTER the dump trades of their stars last month, the Cubs farm system is still ranked no. 24 of 30 MLB organizations. They haven’t developed a standout pitcher since… I can’t remember who. I can’t see their resurgence coming quickly. Theo jumped ship just before it hit the rocks.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We need to get while the getting is good. If we don’t take at least 6-7 of our remaining games vs the hapless ones, I’ll be very disappointed. The only all time “team vs team” records I have even remotely followed is the Packers vs Bears and the Cardinals vs Dodgers. As a kid, the Bears always maintained a healthy advantage in victories vs Green Bay all time. The Favre and Rodgers era’s swung that over to the Packers favor. And years ago the Cards and Dodgers flipped flopped back and forth…the all time series was that close. I have no idea whatsoever how we fare all time vs the cubbies…..or any other teams for that matter.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Abandon all hope ye who enter the last week of August with visions of a Cardinals post-season. Through me you pass into a city of woe. This is not 1964. Listen to the wisdom of Dante and weep.

Nonetheless, we can still enjoy a little more baseball before Heaven inflicts the eternal damnation of hockey upon us.

Rah Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Absolutely love the verbage and the wordage, Cardinal In France. That wouldn’t be Lord Byron would it?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Afraid not Pugs. It’s an Italian fella named Dante Alighieri who wrote a piece called “Inferno.”

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Saw “Towering Inferno”, starring OJ Simpson, but had not heard of Alighieri’s “Inferno”. Will check it out….thanks Cardinal In France.

Go Birds!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

On a bad note……the Cubs ended their 13 game home losing streak last night. They rallied late and beat the Rockies 6-4 on a walkoff dinger. All good things must come to an end, I guess.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Jack Flaherty (R) P

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

WHY DOES SHILDT INSIST ON HITTING GOLDSCHMIDT 2ND????????????

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Carlson back and gets thrown in the key 3 slot.

And DeJong back at short. Look for a couple more Ks from that spot tonight.

Like Pugs, when I see a guy named Mize I think of former Redbird great, “Big Jawn”. Didn’t Stan criticize the trade of Mize, saying the Cardinals could have gotten to a couple of more World Series had they kept him?

The Redbirds have an interesting history with a lot of real good trades, and a lot of real bad ones. We may have more real good and real bad deals than any other club.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll be darned. I always thought ‘Dante’ was the guy’s last name.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

wonder what kind of play time Nooty gets now. At least he didn’t get optioned out.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadi and Waino the only two left standing from our ’06 squad that throttled these Tigers in the series. This simply is a game that Detroit cannot and willnot win. Hard to believe….15 years ago.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty not on his game tonight. Now he’s being taken out may be time just to shut him down.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

this team is a joke just like their manager and front office….

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Detroit back to back homers. Cardinals offense a real juggernaut tonight 1 walk and 1 hit so far. Down by 4 runs. Danger of putting the whole stadium to sleep or everybody rooting for Cabrera!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years