2021 Cardinals MLB Game 116 thread – Wednesday, August 18 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 116 thread – Wednesday, August 18 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP Jack Flaherty (9-1, 2.65) vs. RHP Freddy Peralta (9-3, 2.26)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSE in TN, KY and MS

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Really good pitching match up tonight.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The red hot Cubs downed the Reds again today. 7-1 the final at Crosley Field. San Diego is also behind early, 3-0 in the 2nd inning at Mile High Stadium in Colorado.

Would be nice if we could pick up a couple of wins while other teams are losing.

Din-din today was the weekly trip to the Amish restaurant, the Gasthof. Fried Chicken, meatloaf, fish, mashed potatoes/gravy, green beans, noodles, dressing, some apple stuff, cherry cobbler, and some chocolate ice cream. Plus the hot restaurant manager, she was there today and looking awesome as usual!

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Lars Nootbaar (L) RF
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Jack Flaherty (R) P

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

All year long it’s been Goldschmidt hitting in front of Arenado. And all year long that has been wrong. Plus they should be 3-4 and not 2-3.

That’s part of the reason we are barely above .500.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For top of the order hitters, Carlson is respectable against lefties. Other than that we’ve got nothing.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well flaherty has an early lead, if we get vintage flaherty, it may enough. A few more runs would make it easier though.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty perfect thru 3 complete in a 3-0 St. Louis ballgame. This Brewer team can be no hit. Jack at 35 pitches.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What happened to their starter?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He injured himself swinging the bat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hah they walked our pitcher!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nado Tornado needs to calm down and just hit the ball

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Flaherty really lookin’ good so far!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He injured himself swinging the bat.

And that’s exactly what’s been happening to the Crew’s Big 3 over the past few years. They can’t stay healthy. They’ve been going strong this year though, thus the sweet record. It’s just a matter of time before they hit the infirmary. If we can’t win it, I hope Milwaukee does, so I’ve been kind of hoping they’d stay out of harm’s way.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yea if the cardinals can’t win this year, I will probably root for the brewers.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals had a chance with their starter going down but as usual we hit for a second then suddenly nothing.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Pugs I’m sad Peraltas out because we got 3 runs and 5 hits off him. I want to win every game especially these.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I figure the Brewers can be our new Cubs. Even theur uniforms look the same!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cabby can do it all! Athlete extraordinaire.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

New cubs what the hell does that mean. We already have one of those lousy things, we don’t need another.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Arenado gets mad cause they said he swung. Maybe not but why did the bat even leave the shoulder, it was two feet off the plate out of his hands

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Figured the Cubs will probably be out of it for a year or 2 Willie. I might need a new arch-rival to not like. Looks like there was a Nado Tornado between innings!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Got real lucky that inning as Gallegos uncharacteristically served up a few very hittable offerings that were not hit. That called 3rd strike on Escobar to retire the side was also a very nice gift to Gallegos and our Birds. No way in that situation that that pitch is called a strike if this game was being played in Milwaukee.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

That was a scary inning. Threw 2 high outside he wouldn’t bite. Glad he got that called high strike. Scary to see him pitching high in the strike zone. Doesn’t really do it that much.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years