2021 Cardinals MLB Game 106 thread – Tuesday, August 3 vs. Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 106 thread – Tuesday, August 3 vs. Braves

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m.
    LHP Jon Lester (3-5, 5.02) vs. LHP Max Fried (7-7, 4.32)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Seeing Lester in Cardinal red is going to look really weird. That being said, I hope we take it to the Braves. It would be great if the offense could put up 20+ plus runs in this series.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

We are now a full ten games out of first. Milwaukee wins on Monday night at home against Pittsburgh by the score of 6-2. Reds and Cubs were idle.

If we are going to make any kind of run we need to start it right now. 12 more games against Atlanta, Kansas City, and Pittsburgh. Would be nice to go 10-2 in that stretch.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think winning the NLC will not happen. Our only chance is running down the Padres for the 2nd WC spot and the Padres might stumble. They are without Tatis right now and there is talk that he might be out for the year with his shoulder problems.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Yeah, I agree. The division is gone.

Padres probably have a tougher schedule the rest of the way given the division they play in.

Would still have to climb over the Reds too.

It will take a perfect storm for the Cards to make it to the 1-game WC playoff.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I dont know about the rest of you folks but I am looking forward to watching Lester and Molina work together in this one tonight. Should be entertaining. I am calling Lester’s line as 7 ip, 1 run, 3 hits, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Redbirds win this one 6-2.

Din-din today was a Chopped Sirloin fried in the pan with a little butter, onions, and mushroom gravy. Along with some mashed potatoes and a piece of angel food cake for dessert. A&W Root Beer was the drink of the day. All of this was consumed after I got back from my golf lesson down in French Lick.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    3. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    8. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    9. Jon Lester (L) P

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Switch Goldschmidt and Arenado and this would be a much better lineup than what he’s been using most of the year. Maybe he’s starting to learn a little bit.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sounds like a fun afternoon for Rat, teaching the pretty ladies of French Lick the fine game of golf. I think Lester goes 6 frames strong this evening, yielding 3 runs on 6 hits with 6 K’s. Birds win this one going away 6-4.

Din-din for me tonight shall be wide noodles thoroughly doused in butter, salt and pepper…..(taking a page out of Wooster’s recipe book) cube steaks, corn on the Ty Cobb, wet radishes draped in salt, lemonade and 3 Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ordered up a pizza for din-din. Tonight we will continue the winning streak that will have us thundering down the stretch.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thinking 3 in a row, Bling?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tonight we go for 2 in a row. Lester’s problem was being the old man of the rotation made him pitch old. Now he is just one of the gang. That and he has Yadi calling the game.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Walks the first guy. Off with his head.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

well Lester going to fit right in as he walks the lead off guy…..

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

And the next one hits one out and Braves up 2-0 already….Lester just like the rest of the pitching staff for the most part…BLOWS…

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Walk and a HR, Gants’ familiar line.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not to be alarmed, gentlemen. Not uncommon for Lester to get touched for a long one right out of the gates. He’ll settle in nicely here.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He will get someone out eventually.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Its been an age since I had anchovy pizza. It was great but this chump is giving me indigestion.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What’s going on here? Will the real Jon Lester please stand up. This can’t be him.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Mo, for all you do.
    Not!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ok, we spotted them 5 just to make it fair. Lets just hope somebody got all the nerf noodles out of our bat rack.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Game is over before he gets out of the first…..nice trade there Mo.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lester’s ERA presently sits at 45.00 in a Bird’s uni. I can almost guarantee an improvement on that.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Equal value for Thomas is….

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.