2021 Cardinals MLB Game 106 thread – Tuesday, August 3 vs. Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 106 thread – Tuesday, August 3 vs. Braves

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Lester’s ERA presently sits at 45.00 in a Bird’s uni. I can almost guarantee an improvement on that.

Right you are, Pugs. Just like that, one inning later he has whittled his Cards’ ERA down to 27.00.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Down to 18.00 if Lester can keep them off the scoreboard in the 3rd, Bling.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep, Pugs. He’s trending down. He’s shaved 27 runs off his ERA in just 2 innings. At that rate, he’ll have a negative ERA when he leaves the game.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Just tuned in for the game and was amazed at the score. You guys comments absolutely cracked me up with my cynical sense of humor. I guess when Lester said ” I hope playing with Yadi will turn me around…” It meant he knew something the rest of us didn’t. Hope figure out quick which direction to turn him. Must be a little rusty. Dinner was light for us tonnight. Braunschwueger on 7grain bread sandwiches with New York style potato salad. Ranch flavor wheat thin crackers w Pepper Jack cheese . A big dill pickle and Seltzer Water. Go Cardinals!

1982 willie
    Participant

We can’t pitch, we can’t hit. What can this team do..even when playing a below average team we struggle.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The good news tonight is the odds of Mo offering one of those infamous multi-year extensions to Lester is going down.

David
    Participant

Free

If Lester was pitching against us… he’d be pitching a shutout because no matter the Era, or age, every pitcher that pitches against 9/10 will have have a QS. We have no plate discipline. The same problems that were there in April are still there in August.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Thats right Euro! Gotta always look for the bright side!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Well Lester looks like a perfect fit with our club.

Now we will watch Thomas revert to the 2019 version for the last couple of months of this year.

I looked at Thomas’ hitting line the last two years. He had 9 hits, and 30 strikeouts!! Man, that is historically awful. He really had no clue after looking good in his first trial.

But I fully expect him to make an impression over the rest of ‘21 and go into Spring with an opportunity to get a roster spot with the Nats next year. That is just how it has gone for us this year.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know, Euro Dandy. Right now I’d settle for Lester getting down to single digits….which may not happen in a Birds uni.

Love your din-din arrangement tonight, Wooster. Braunschweiger is great, but only in small quantities for me…..and by itself, not on bread. Oscar Meyer braunschweiger is the best I’ve had.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

We are a team version of the old Hector Lopez scouting report – “Can’t hit, can’t pitch – have trouble with balls hit when on defense.”

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

…or how about this report on our pitchers

“Poor command – pitches in the zone get hit hard. Cannot execute the sacrifice play.”

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

We had spaghetti, a tossed salad with fresh home grown garden tomatoes, garlic bread, and a glass of red wine for din-din.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Nothing says impressive like going 5 innings after giving up 5 runs before getting an out to start the game.

Lee
    Participant

Lester pick up another mess from management. Would like to hope Happ might be better but why would he be..?
    Just awful decisions. L

Lee
    Participant

Playoffs are no where in sight. Get rid of the old men, and let the kids get some experience… Woodford, Oviedo and Liberatore.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

That should be the plan Bob, if this year goes down in flames. And since June it has looked that way.

I am looking forward to the time when Gorman is an established star, Liberatore is an ace, and Wynn and Walker are manning two infield spots. I just hope they are all Redbirds when that happens.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Mo’s “Cardinals Way”, where you get less than you overpay for. Whoever thought adding these over the hill left handed pitchers was good idea should be fired immediately. But in the mediocrity that has become the St. Louis Cardinals organization nothing will happen except maybe a promotion. The Cardinals Way, smh.

jim
    Participant

Free

Lester must have left that 24 inch wide plate in Chicago…

jim
    Participant

Free

Highlight of the night will be O’Neil’s catch…

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Goldy and Nadotornado both hitless in this game. Most of the damage from the Nokahomers is from the top of their order. Cards need to address this in this series. Maybe we’ll get a better start tomorrow. Bullpen is doing good so far. Go figure…

1982 willie
    Participant

Yep money guys not putting it together at same time is a big reason this offense isnt consistent. The guys you are paying well have to perform consistently and together. The first inning of this game just set the vibe for the whole night. A veteran pitcher should be better than that.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Well, that didn’t go well.

Why pay 37-39 year old has beens to pitch when younger players could be taking their lumps and getting experience.

Are their psyche’s so fragile that it would ruin their careers? This isn’t a contact sport….

Ah well, if anyone can fix Lester it will be Yadi.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

A small portion of the blame tonight goes to Waino.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

MIL +20
    SDP +15
    STL +0

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.