2021 Cardinals MLB Game 100 thread – Sunday, July 25 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 100 thread – Sunday, July 25 at Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:10 p.m.
    RHP Johan Oviedo (0-5, 4.81) vs. RHP Sonny Gray (2-5, 3.65)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

Monday will be an open day in Cleveland.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Salvage operation today.

Make up game for Oveido to finally get him a win.

Its probably time to start prepping for 2022 but as long as they can hover around .500 and stay within shouting distance of a playoff spot I guess there is hope for ’21.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It took the cubbies bombing us with 6 big runs in the 9th to steal victory away from Ovi in his last start. Talk about being snake-bit. I think if we’re up by 9 in the 9th, Ovi will have a pretty fair shot at notching his maiden ML win here today. If these Reds keep sweeping us series after series, they won’t be able to help themselves from not hating us nearly as much. To be one of the most disliked teams in professional sports means you’re doing a lot of things right. Hopefully Mo & company will start doing a better job at accomplishing this.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lucky for us we are not facing the Sonny Gray that might have been. He was dominant for some really bad Oakland teams for a couple years before injuries starting cutting into him. How do you go 14-7 for a team that went 68-94? (One of the prospects Beane got for him was called up in May and is 5-3 for the A’s right now.) Too bad 5’10” righties aren’t a thing in the first round anymore but the algos don’t like them.

Let’s hope Oviedo and his 1.500 WHIP can crack the win column today.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Same lineup as yesterday.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Why did Schildt take Edman out and put Carpenter in las5 night as part of a double switch? Edman had been on base 2 of his 3 plate appearances…

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For the standard double switch reason.

Edman made the last out, was replaced by McFarland I think it was, which puts the pitcher 8 batters away from batting, instead of due up 3rd next inning as Carpenter was in the batting 9th spot of the order.

David
    Participant

Free

We need a spark… and I just don’t see with this team… mainly because they take on the persona f their manager. Whenever the blessed day comes that Schildt is relieved of his duties.. I don’t see another team seeking him out.

David
    Participant

Free

Even a win today and a Milwaukee loss… we’re no better off at than we were Friday. Our only hope is to take 9/13 from the crew and have equal records with the reds and crew. Even with Flare and MM back, I don’t see that happening because of Schildts late game management and not giving his team the best chance to win.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For the standard double switch reason.

Shildt’s decision to do a double switch there may have been forced because of a short bench due to Yadi’s apparent unavailability.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When you are pinch hitting a pitcher, “short bench” is being kind.

Poor active roster construction fits better for me.

For instance, Luis Garcia has been on the active roster since July 9th and has logged one IP. I’d prefer a position player on the bench instead.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Our outfielders are taking over this game.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

All three outfielders with a homerun in the same game?

Aren’t they are weakness? Guess they didn’t get the memo.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Hey I thought the Cards were playing today. Who are these guys mashing long balls all over the place?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It looks like we have acquired another pitcher who was DFA’d by someone else.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Can Oviedo make it through 5 innings to qualify for the win?

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Hey I thought the Cards were playing today. Who are these guys mashing long balls all over the place?

Is your lucky charm watching the game with you today?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

6 HR, 9 BB, 8 K’s
    Yah, Zeuch should fit right in

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another 3 hit game for Bader. His last was this past Wednesday

1982 willie
    Participant

Was busy doing other stuff, tune in and we have scored 9 runs. Could have used some more of that yesterday. Oviedo not lasting long though isn’t good, even this lead isnt safe.

1982 willie
    Participant

Yep miller just like he always does is horrible. He should have given up the game a while ago.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oviedo may never get a W.

1982 willie
    Participant

Miller got bailed out by the umpire, votto should be mad .

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

This game is starting to make my duck breast Sunday dinner begin to gurgle. I liked the long ball part better.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Just woke up myself Wille- was wondering if it was 9 runs_ looked like it went backwards to 0 without my glasses. Miller only gave up 1 thank goodness

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.