2020 Cardinals Game #48 – Fri, Sept. 18 at (vs.) Pirates (DH Game 2)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #48 – Fri, Sept. 18 at (vs.) Pirates (DH Game 2)

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

That’s a winner!

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Nice win! Guys put the ball in play in that 6th, which made the difference. Good to see Carlson turn on that pitch. Maybe he can get some confidence and have a nice final week.

Participant

Free

Tip of the cap to Ponce.

I’d go to war with him any day.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Not only back to .500, but they completed their 10th doubleheader tonight. This isn’t easy going.

Participant

Paid - Annual

It is a good thing we got the sweep. The Cubs, Reds, and Brewers all won tonight. We just need to fight and claw for second place.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Participant

Free

Pete Kozma
    Luke Voit
    Dylan Carlson
    Adam Wainwright
    Matt Holliday
    Matt Adams
    Jon Jay
    Kolten Wong
    Tony Cruz
    Cardinals I’ve liked who brought only their game and their charities to the ball park.

Participant

What charities, MM? I’ve known about Holliday, Jay, Wainwright, and Goldy (who wasn’t on your list), but not the rest.

Participant

Free

What charities, MM? I’ve known about Holliday, Jay, Wainwright, and Goldy (who wasn’t on your list), but not the rest.

Add Goldy and Pujols.
    Almost all of these guys at one time or another had charity events such as golf tournaments or cornhole contests or Waino’s game (is it NFL or NHL). A while back I read an article regarding professional players income and it stipulated that most of the investment counselors advised forming a foundation or charity that would help improve their reputation and maybe even the bottom line(?). Nobody is forced to do it but it has become an expected thing of most professionals. The degree to which they participate is pretty much equal to their success as a professional player. Even Carlos Martinez is very active with a charity and a lot of good publicity from it. Voit I am not sure of but when he gets that big contract I am sure there will be something founded with his name on it. Matt Adams I will admit has to find a permanent home to get active in the charity business.

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years