2020 Cardinals Game #42 – Mon, Sept. 14 at Brewers (DH Game 2)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #42 – Mon, Sept. 14 at Brewers (DH Game 2)

Viewing 23 posts - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I know there are no outs but it would have been very tempting to send Bader home there. He is the fastest guy on the team.

Participant

Free

Goldschmidt showing the young speedster O’Neill how to score from second on a base hit!

2-2 top of 7th. Go Cards.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Frodo Baggins manages to get a sharp grounder by Ravelo and a K of O’Neill. Will they weasel out of this jam a-freaking-gain?

Participant

Free

Strikeout. Ugh. Tough night for Popeye.

Participant

Paid - Annual

With the way we blow opportunities I am sending Bader home and make them throw him out.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With the way we blow opportunities I am sending Bader home and make them throw him out.

Yep. In the end, that poor call probably costs them the game.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Wasted opportunity there.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The bottom of the seventh does not start well …

Participant

Paid - Annual

Good job by Reyes even though Wieters looked like a jr. high catcher back there.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Good job by wild child. But looky here, Wieters is our base runner at 2nd. Geez, Yadi in game 1, now Matt. I really hate this rule.

Participant

Paid - Annual

A gut wrenching split.

Participant

Free

Wow, gutsy.

That’s a winner!

Participant

Paid - Annual

That was a huge win in the standings. Kudos to Ponce for pitching the game of his life when we really needed it. That was one of his better performances other than the near no hitter a few years ago.

Participant

Free

Well in today’s games I learned that you can pinch run for the man placed on 2B in extra innings. I had never given any thought to that before but when Yadi turned out to be the man the other day and they actually put him out there I don’t think they knew that either but they learned fast.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That may have been a season-saving win right there. A loss to fall into a tie with the Brewers after having the upper hand the entire game would have been crushing. 32 strikeouts between the two teams. Obviously, not good situational hitting, for the most part.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Participant

Paid - Annual

After his last outing, things were looking pretty bleak for Ponce de Leon, IMO. Last night’s performance was impressive. He is clearly getting better as the season progresses.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

The Reds have 11 games left. The Brewers have 14 games left. If the Reds go 7-4, they finish at 30-30. If the Brewers go 9-5, they finish at 30-30. Considering they play 8 more against the Cardinals, we control their destiny. If the last 8 games between the Cardinals and Brewers are split, the Brewers would need to go 5-1 in their other games to finish at .500.

The Cardinals have 8 games against the Brewers, 5 games against the Pirates and 3 against the Royals. That is a pretty good place to be at this point. We need to at least split against the Brewers and win the other 2 series.

Participant

Free

If the Reds and Brewers and Cardinals all finish at .500 I think MLB would have the Cards play a double header with Pittsburgh to make up for two games that were not played.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A minor correction. The makeup DH if needed would be versus Detroit on Monday the 28th.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Gscott – a little caught up in the moment? I think Ponce’s game of his life was his 7 inning no hit major league debut.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Gscott – a little caught up in the moment? I think Ponce’s game of his life was his 7 inning no hit major league debut.

Yep, I think I referenced his near no hit bid in my post.

Viewing 23 posts - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years