2020 Cardinals Game #14 – Thu, Aug. 20 vs. Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #14 – Thu, Aug. 20 vs. Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright (2-0, 1.64) vs. RHP Sonny Gray (4-1, 2.05)
    FS Midwest // KMOX

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Should be a good pitching matchup. Hopefully we can put a lineup together to put runs on the board depending on how the dh works. We already know Carlson will play both games.

Wong
    Miller
    Goldy
    Dejong
    Carpenter DH
    O’Neill
    Fowler
    Yadi I hope
    Bader/Carlson

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

While Molina’s return seems likely, based on what Shildt told us yesterday, I do not expect DeJong to be activated tonight.

Who would you take off the active roster for Molina? Would you move Knizner to the taxi squad or option out someone else?

Right now, they are going with 16 pitchers and 12 position players. If you want to see who is who, refer to the Roster Matrix.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Wainwright again gets the first start to set the tone for the series and the home stand. That should be good motivation for him, as it was in Chicago.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who would you take off the active roster for Molina? Would you move Knizner to the taxi squad or option out someone else?

They will probably put Knizer on the taxi squad but if it were me I would keep Knizer on the active roster. To take it a step further if it were up to me Wieters wouldn’t even be on the roster but that is a different discussion.

Schrock could also be at risk to be optioned out but I like what he has done so far.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Good point on Schrock. If he doesn’t go down now, he would almost certainly be the one to go when DeJong is ready.

Then it will be a competition in Springfield between Schrock and Sosa for the next infield opening.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The key for Schrock is can he develop into a defender at multiple positions. As well as Brad Miller has played this year I could see Schrock taking Miller’s place on the roster next year if he could play more than just one position, because he will be cheaper.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Could they not take Brebbia off since he is on the 45 day injured. Do they have to be waived to be brought back?
    I can say too that I need to brush up on DH rules as they seemed to get moved into and out of the game several times during the Cubs series. Such things were not necessary info for us NLers.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Schrock was used primarily at 3B last season in Memphis…. he started 54 games there and 4 in LF. The rap against him was that he could only play one position… 2B, that was remedied in ’19.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I knew he was attempting to play multiple positions but I haven’t heard much feedback on how well that was going. I would like to see him develop into a solid utility guy for us at the big league level.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

The key for Schrock is can he develop into a defender at multiple positions. As well as Brad Miller has played this year I could see Schrock taking Miller’s place on the roster next year if he could play more than just one position, because he will be cheaper.

Cardinals have plenty of time to decide on Miller. I don’t think Schrock will ever put up the power Miller can on offense in limited AB. I know Miller could end up hitting .250 but he’s been the best hitter on the team in his limited games played. We need all the help we can get on offense.

Also consider the infield situation next season. We could have a couple of departures.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Very close 858, well done.

Carp at DH, cleanup, instead of DeJong
    Miller at 3B, bats 5th
    Carlson in CF 9th

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I see you had Miller batting 2nd, it’s Edman at SS batting second. DeJong inactive messed up your lineup, otherwise well done.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cincy is 10-12 overall, 5-1 vs LH SP, 5-11 vs a RH SP
    (BR)

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is a comedy of errors so far. Two errors, and Miller blows the double play ball and then throws the ball away. Reds take a 1-0 lead.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill with a great catch in left, but another run scores. 2-0 Reds.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Galvis homers and it’s 3-0.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadi drives in two with a bases loaded single and it’s 3-2.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino is not good tonight. The ruined first inning is looming large as the Reds have a 4-2 lead and threatening more.

Tinky
    Participant

Free

Man Goldschmidt is getting a workout at first base tonight. Uncle Charlie just showed up. Let’s get some runs.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

It’s not completely his fault. He’s facing a lineup that 7 of the hitters are lefthanded or switch hitters. That’s not a good mix for him with the lack of a good fastball. Uncle Charlie has to be clicking in order to keep them at bay. Galvis just whiffed on it.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Wainwright seems to be settling in. Has retired nine straight and his pitch count is at 71 through the fifth.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.