2019 International Signing Period

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2019 International Signing Period

This topic contains 53 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by stlcard25 stlcard25 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25, I’ve been invited to the Dominican, but had hoped to resurrect my college Spanish first. Reading is ok, but listening and speaking is a challenge. At this point, I think I just need to wing it.

That would be a pretty cool experience, since in certain years some of the more intriguing prospects are the DSL guys.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Reason #438 these kids are scouted and drafted too soon.

Here are the listed weights of three of the new shortstops signed by the Cards: 136, 141 and 145 pounds. They also added a pair of pitchers weighing 150 and 155. Talk about need for projection!

Another factoid. Of the 23 signed, just one pitcher and one hitter are lefties, through there are three switch-hitters, including the 136 and 141-pound shortstops!

P.S. The reason I focused on this is that our rosters and the Roster Matrix are now up to date with the July 2nd players. There is an entirely new roster for the 20 new recruits who will not start playing until 2020 and they also have their own section in the Matrix.

One final fact. The Cardinals have 337 players under contract. This is by far the largest total in the decade I have been tracking this closely.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Interesting concept. I’m sure there are many details that would need to be worked out first, but one thing that would be different in a good way is that the worst teams don’t get automatically rewarded for tanking in this draft. They may be the worst team but could pick as late as 26th if their division is last in the pecking order.

Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years