2018 Reg Seas Game #95 – at Cubs – Thu 7/19

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #95 – at Cubs – Thu 7/19

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

8:05 CT RHP Carlos Martinez (6-5, 3.08) vs. RHP Kyle Hendricks (6-8, 3.92) ESPN, KMOX

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is a big series and tonight’s game is a big game. Starting pitching wise, the Cards are in better shape for the 5 games in 4 days run, but that depends on the pitching showing up. Carlos can set things off on the right foot by throwing 7 shutout innings tonight. Let’s make it happen, Cards!

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Pham said he knew what was wrong with his swing but he didn’t know how to correct it. He was supposed to go see his swing doctor over the break. I hope he gets back on track. He could be a key hitter for the 2nd half.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

This is just about a sink or swim series. If we lose four or perhaps all five, time to start thinking 2019. If we could win two or three our heads are still above water.

This might be a big start for Martinez. Its time he started to live up to his hype over the last few years.

r/Rat

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hate thinking games at this point are so important…but this series is pretty much the CArdinals chance at the division

they tank (0-5 1-4) it is done and only a slim shot at wild card
    middling even looks not to help much either (3-2, 2-3)…it isnt bad but doesnt give any real momentum
    do well (5-0, 4-1)…that is a statement and puts us in it with confidence to finish the year

maybe this would be a good prediction thread?

I want to be positive…so i am hoping for 4-1 (leaning to 3-2)

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Jager,
    If the Cardinals win four games or more in this series you send me your address and I will send you a $10 bill. And i’d be happy to do it!

r/Rat

p.s. that’s $10, NOT $100. I am a poor retiree. Time to go for a ride in my Alfa Romeo 4C.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

We’ll never know for sure, but wonder how the trade talk will affect Carlos

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’ll never know for sure, but wonder how the trade talk will affect Carlos

#ThanksSaxon

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I’m not even implying it will be bad outcome. It could fire him up and he will pitch better. He may want to bear down and pitch great because he doesn’t want the Cards to trade him or he may do the same thing because he wants to impress another team because he wants out.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

FWIW, I believe the first Martinez trade rumor appeared last week in the New York Post.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brandon Morrow placed on the 10 Day DL. We won’t have to deal with him this weekend.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

2 on, 2 out, 1 run in the top of the first.

Wong hits a rocket line drive right at Heyward to end the inning.

1-0 Cardinals going into the bottom of the first.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In a good sign, Martinez stranded a leadoff double in the first. Then Pham’s home run increased the score to 2-0.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Gyorko with the Cardinals’ 78th error of the season to keep the bottom of the 3rd going. Runners on first and third.

Heyward follows with a 9 pitch AB and singles into left to make the score 2-1.

Zobrist strikes out on the 31st pitch of the inning by Martinez. The error caused Martinez to throw 14 more pitches that inning.

2-1 Cardinals after 3 full innings

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Martinez only throws 11 pitches in the 4th. He is up to 62 pitches. Still 2-1 after 4 innings.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Bottom of the 5th now, Cards up 3-2 but Cubs have a runner on 1st and 3rd with only 1 out…

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Throwing error really hurts!

NJ315
    Participant

Martinez falling apart in the 5th. 6-3 Cubs

NJ315
    Participant

This game is far from over but I am little disappointed in Martinez. He needed to be the ace tonight. The errors didn’t help as the defense continues to struggle.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Poor defense is hurting this club. How many extra pitches has Martinez had to throw?

NJ315
    Participant

Carp gets one back. 6-4

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Martinez is pitching like he’s hurt. His fastball topped out at 92 mph and his 2-seammer topped out around 91.6 mph and appeared flat.

NJ315
    Participant

Another error ugh

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mistakes piling up. Really hard to win that way.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.