2018 Reg Seas Game #82 – vs. Braves – Sun 7/1

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #82 – vs. Braves – Sun 7/1

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, that’s one way to get back in it. Pham homers.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A 7 run seventh would have sounded better, but at least we are back in the game.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

5 run 7th is good. Good to see Pham connect. Definitely not what I expected. Hicks in, throwing 100+.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals fall 6-5, for a sweep by Atlanta and St. Louis’ fourth consecutive loss. The Cards are 42-40 on the year and remain 5 1/2 games behind Milwaukee.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That 7th was a cruel tease, I guess. A loss is a loss, and the Cards are struggling again.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I think its a given that Jose Martinez cant play 1stbase anymore. He is just pitiful.

So, what happens then? Martinez goes to RF, Carpenter goes to 1st, and Gyorko becomes the everyday 3rdbaseman. Then that means Bader and Fowler become the 4th and 5th outfielders.

Right?

colhusker
    Participant

Free

That 7th was a cruel tease, I guess. A loss is a loss, and the Cards are struggling again.

Part McLaughlin’s comment about the team being up and down. Just as in the last few years, 3-5 wins follow by 3-5 losses in a row.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

I suspect MM will praise the team for “getting back in the game in the 7th”, and “never giving up”, and how they would have won if it weren’t for one bad inning, etc. But that belies what’s really wrong with this team from on field management to fundamental play. Things just aren’t improving as team mgmt led us to believe it would. Time for a major reset.

Nathan Leopold Jr.
    Participant

Free

The post earlier that told of another sell-out is the answer for anyone who thinks they “have” to do something or that anyone is in danger of losing their job. Why should they do anything. The money is still rolling in so why take on a large salary from one of these superstars at the deadline. Stay the course and count your money.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.