2018 Reg Seas Game #78 – vs. Indians – Tue 6/26

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #78 – vs. Indians – Tue 6/26

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards only get one in the 1st, but JMart got a hit and Yadi almost gapped one that would’ve scored JMart, but it was caught on the run. Maybe Kluber is not invincible tonight, but CMart looks like he might be a mess. Hope he can do a 180 in the second inning.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

A much better 2nd for Martinez. He gets the 8, 9, and 1 hitters in order, on 12 pitches. This inning, his pace and rhythm looked like what you expect from a confident pitcher.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Ha, bases loaded, no outs for the Cards in the 2nd, then Carlos hits a sac fly to tie it up, 2-2. Carp up with runners on 1st and 2nd.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs…looks like the Cards took your advice to “club Kluber” tonight. Lol

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards are klubbing Kluber. Martinez hits a 3-run bomb in the 2nd. Score is 6-2. Kluber’s gone, lasting just 1 and 2/3 innings. CMart needs to ride this one.

Participant

Free

This just in. Kluber is human.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Speaking of CMart not looking right in the 1st, Kluber didn’t look right in either inning. It looked like his elbow and shoulder were dropping during his deliver, causing some of his pitches to sail.

Participant

Free

Kluber picked an awesome night to not have anything was all batting practice stuff he was throwing.

Participant

Free

All Cardinal games should Start with a weather delay. Lol.

Participant

Free

My birthday wish is coming true.

Go Cardinals.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Right you are, stlcard25. I think to a man, we all here knew Kluber was going to get royally klubbed tonight. This Redbird team is sizzzzling hot!! Just get DeJong and Wacha back…and Schrock up, and WS-2018 here we come! Think about our competition for the NL flag this year….its pretty darn soft, unlike over in the AL.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Funny comment about the weather delay, 2011Seems!! Yep, what a birthday present for you, 2011Seems!! If we could have a weather delay every game plus celebrate 2011Seems’ birthday every game plus have Dexter wearing a different uni color than red every game….we’d go 161-1….nobody is perfect.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Nice piece of hitting by Yadi

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Martinez has settled in nicely, setting down 8 in a row to complete the 5th. Looks like he’ll probably go about 6 tonight since he has already thrown 88 pitches. It’ll be interesting to see he MM uses out of the pen tonight with the big lead.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Martinez finished the 6th with two Ks. Hopefully, he is back in form to stay. What a turnaround for him tonight…and the team the last four games.

Carp is raking. He just hit a double to go 4-4 tonight.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Cecil in to pitch. Hope they’ve spotted him enough runs! That may not be entirely fair, he has been pitching better lately…lets see tonight.

Participant

Free

Although not a spectacular night, C-mart finished strong and showed signs of his old self after the first.

Even with an 8 run lead, I think it’s. important for our bullpen to close out the game strong and pitch like it’s A one run game.

Participant

Free

Molina made a nice play at 1st in the 8th. Last time he played first was….

I can go on baseball reference but I want to see if anyone is alive. lol

Participant

Free

It has been great birthday. Anything for a Cardinals victory, Pugs. I’d celebrate a birthday every day even if it did age me. Heck, I have kids that age me already. Might as well get a Cardinal victory out of it.

Participant

Free

Great win and our bats came alive against one of the best pitchers in the game. Player of the game goes to Carp for his 5 hits including 2 homers and setting the tone early with his lead off homer against Kluber in the first

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We should just go ahead and keep doing that thing where we score far more runs than the other team a lot more this season. I blame Matheny for not thinking of this strategy sooner.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Also, in the “that escalated quickly” department…Matt Carpenter is tied with Jose Martinez for 11th in the NL in OPS. Considering his OPS was in the .400s in early May, that’s pretty good. (Unfortunately for the Cards, Tommy Pham has gone the opposite way with his OPS all the way down to .752)

Participant

Paid - Annual

Great game by Carpenter. But, I hope that he and Wong don’t get homer happy. Homers happen more often when you are not trying to do it. Keep in mind to bunt to beat the shift occasionally.

Participant

Free

After watching Cecil in Cincinnati, I didn’t think he would ever figure it out again. That was Rick Ankiel-esque and he actually pitched through it relatively unscathed. He had several wild pitches though, or wild enough.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Whodda thunk we would get to Kluber for his shortest start in his career?? Great all-around win. The club is looking good of late – we will see if they can keep this going and go on one of those “18 out of 21” type rolls.

Nice to see Carpenter rebound from his poor start. Wong looks to be headed in the right direction, and needs to play anyway because of his defense at a key position. The bullpen is performing better as well.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years