2018 Reg Seas Game #73 – at Brewers – Thu 6/21

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #73 – at Brewers – Thu 6/21

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

And sadly the front office will say that it was injuries that sidelined this year and that everything will be fine once the guys get back from injury, as then that’s like making a trade…so far like half to three fourths of this team needs to go…

colhusker
    Participant

Free

And sadly the front office will say that it was injuries that sidelined this year and that everything will be fine once the guys get back from injury, as then that’s like making a trade…so far like half to three fourths of this team needs to go…

And we will have far to many injuries yet again next year and so nothing will get done with Mo and his band of yahoos in the front office.

NJ315
    Participant

Martinez out Cecil in. 7-2 Brewers

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Another inning where a Cardinal pitcher is at 20 pitches in the inning. This has been happening far to often this year.

NJ315
    Participant

Cecil walks the 8th and 9th hitters.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not saying the Cards come back to win, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up a 1 or 2 run game. Third time through the lineup and the bullpen has held the last few games so maybe they’ll have some confidence.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cecil walks the 8th and 9th hitters.

Had to respect Suter, who was OPSing 1.667 against LHP this year. 😉

NJ315
    Participant

3 errors and one I don’t know where the ball is double.

NJ315
    Participant

4 errors

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Unfortunately, I don’t get to watch the game. We have errors from Carpenter who needs to be traded, Gyorko who should be playing 3rd unless we acquire a 3Bman, and C. Martinez who I am ready to trade for a stud hitter.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Time to sell

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Not sure who you would get much for which is sad. Maybe a change of scenery would help Carpenter. Jose Martinez would be the perfect DH for a team given his poor fielding but can you take the one consistent bat out of a lineup that struggles?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Have they no shame? This is really comical. At least one coach and one player should be fired/DFA’d based on this one game alone. Okay, maybe not. Let’s just go with Mo. He’s the one who for a couple years has said he’ll fix defense and the pen….and that we don’t understand this a really good team he’s put together and we just need to be patient.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Not a good time for a strikeout.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Good freaking god, bases loaded no outs and nothing.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Unfortunately, I don’t get to watch the game.

Sorry forsch, but consider yourself lucky. It looks a lot worse on TV than the gameday tracker could ever indicate. You know it’s bad when Danny Mac is repeatedly talking about how ugly and embarrassing it is, what’s the team going to do, it’s almost the allstar break and will soon be too late to do anything, how Matheny and the boys need to have a team meeting to get everyone to understand this is unacceptable, yada yada yada.

Garcia now pitching, and that’s not Jaime.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Garcia with only 9 pitches.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I think gameday identified every pitch of Garcia’s as a curveball.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

I think gameday identified every pitch of Garcia’s as a curveball.

Think the fastest of the pitches was 65

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It’s starting to look like a significant slide. That’s 7 of the last 9 in the L column. And the good teams on the shedule are coming up.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cards are shellacked 11-3 to fall to 38-35 on the season.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Greg Garcia pitching made me think of this.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I try to be as optimistic as possible. But man oh man this game was the worst I have seen in a long time.

Anyone could rail on just about any aspect of the game at they would be justified in any worry they had. yuck

There were some positives to take out of this:
    -Cecil bent but didn’t break again when it was still close enough to garner some pressure. That’s I think the 4 th straight decent outing.
    -Munoz 3 hits and an 2 RBI. He’s had some downs but he looks at the moment to be a solid backup Util SS in the MLB with still some upside
    -Carp leadoff HR is always nice
    -Yadi getting on base and scoring a run continues his good play at the plate
    -Greg Garcia another pinch hit and a scoreless inning pitched. Him and Gyorko doing their part to help the pen.
    -and that’s about it
    -OH! And the Cubs lost to the Reds so that is always something positive to take from any day where that happens

Maybe this is one of those games that is so bad you can chalk it up to everything going wrong all at once

It’s not that they don’t need to get yelled at or something drastic done but at the end of the day it is just one loss. It might be the ugliest loss some people ever watch but it’s still just one loss

If the problems that showed up tonight especially on defense keep happening or somehow get worsen then you might have to do some really drastic things in all aspects of the club to straighten them out.

This game and loss isn’t the end of the season. The sky isn’t falling. It’s troublesome and embarrassing but it’s just one loss.

Almost every player (Munoz especially) had a bad game or made some kind of mistake. Maybe it just got contagious and once the ball started to roll out of control hey just couldn’t stop it.

It has all the telltale signs of an aberration. And I’m going to feel good believing that is all it was. Embarrassing.

This was NOT an exciting game. And would be an accurate description of a game that “sucked”

However, it doesn’t change my love for these players or the good chances I think this team has this year at the playoffs.

Go Cards!

colhusker
    Participant

Free

jager I love your being so optimistic and the sky may not being falling yet, but man all the wheels on the bus have gotten very close to falling off. This is just not a very good baseball team right now.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.