2018 Reg Seas Game #73 – at Brewers – Thu 6/21

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #73 – at Brewers – Thu 6/21

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:10 p.m. RHP Carlos Martínez (3-3, 2.73) vs. RHP Junior Guerra (3-5, 2.89) FOX Sports Midwest/KMOX

Updated to LHP Brent Suter (7-4, 4.30).

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like Suter got bumped to this game after the rainout in Pittsburgh last night. Carlos usually does well in Milwaukee; he’s got to be the stopper now and go deep enough into the game to give the bullpen some rest.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Any word on Wacha’s injury yet? And what about Martinez?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadi is back, so we should fare very well in this series. Anyone know what our record at Miller Park is when Yadi starts? How does 56-18 grab you? Only joshing, but it has to be pretty darn good. This may be a question for our good friend Kip over at the prestigious Elias Sports Bureau. I like us winning this one 6-3 with both Gyorko and Bader reaching the outfield rafters.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Carp first-pitch swinging. I like it. Cards up 1-0.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Well, I predicted one win in each of the next 4 series in Brian’s other thread, but will gladly eat humble pie if they prove me wrong!

Good to see Carp swinging on first pitch. Carlos needs a good game tonight.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

That was one of the most foolish looking attempts to catch a fly at the wall that I’ve ever seen by Ozuna. It costs the Cards two runs.

Participant

Free

Our gold glover completely muffs the fly ball which hit the wall about two feet off the ground. Catchable, and he didn’t get the “E”, as I would have scored it. We’re not even close to a playoff team right now.

Participant

He had no idea where that ball was.

Participant

Martinez not looking good at all. That last wild pitch was putrid.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

This is another outing where Martinez is pitching poorly, trailing 4-1, still in the 3rd inning. However, the defense has let him down with bad play (Ozuna / Carp), leading to the 4 runs given up. Martinez just had the weirdest wild pitch I’ve ever seen to give up one of the runs. Then another throw away on a pick off. The Cards looked like they’re playing possessed by evil Cardinal-hating demons. This is some butt-ugly baseball folks.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

We are on pace for our 8.5 strikeouts a game tonight. Pathetic and yet the guy in charge of hitting keeps getting a check.

Participant

Free

This Cardinal offense is absolutely Pathetic!

Participant

Free

Down 1-4, The last 3 hitters try to tie the game with one swing and no one on base.

Participant

59 errors most in the NL.

Participant

Free

Really bad plays all around. C-Mart not pitching well. 5-1 now after the Piña jack. Looks like our BP is going to start this road trip with a workout. Not good.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Martinez may not even get through 5 tonight.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by colhuskercolhusker.
    Participant

82 pitches and counting

Participant

Free

Cecil warming up. For the first time this season, I feel good about Cecil coming in.

Participant

I am so past ready for this organization to move Carlos while he still has some actual trade value. Don’t know if this is depressing or just downright disgusting. Brewers are using him for batting practice tonight.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos is pitching like he’s still hurt. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go back on the disabled list before very long. This season is quickly getting out of hand with all of the injuries, and I don’t know if this team can sustain any more.

Participant

Free

Couldn’t this be in the game thread?

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Drastic momentum change after the first pitch of the game. How do you spin this mess in the post-game presser?

Participant

Free

EuroWolf

That was one of the most foolish looking attempts to catch a fly at the wall that I’ve ever seen by Ozuna. It costs the Cards two runs.

Is that our gold glove LFer? The one who has positive defensive metrics from what I remember?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years