2018 Reg Seas Game #6 – at Brewers – Wed 4/4

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #6 – at Brewers – Wed 4/4

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

RHP Carlos Martínez (0-1, 8.31) vs. RHP Jhoulys Chacín (0-0, 10.80), 6:40 p.m., FOX Sports 1/KMOX.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder how long it will be before we start hearing mention of how Carp and Fowler should be hitting at different spots in the lineup.

Participant

Paid - Annual

After last nights debacle, I am wondering if Hicks might be tried as closer until Hollands return. Maybe it is too soon?

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would think they will slow play him a little with the high leverage spots but who knows? Last night was tough but they should be able to get over it as professionals.

Participant

Free

I would like Hicks to stay where he is. Our best bullpen usage over the last two years was when Oh was the “fire-man” in 2016. I’d like Hicks to stay there.

When we get Gregerson and Holland in there, we can shift Lyons and Leone into the middle innings. Also, I think Cecil is going to do really well this year and he’s due back sometime soon too.

I think Mayers (never used) and Sherriff are obvious back-to-Memphis candidates, but I don’t know whether they would send Hicks or Bowman back for the third returnee. It will likely work itself out. It would be a shame to lose Tuivailala since he’s out of options.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1. Dexter Fowler
    2. Tommy Pham
    3. Matt Carpenter 3b
    4. Marcell Ozuna
    5. Jose Martinez 1b
    6. Yadier Molina
    7. Paul DeJong
    8. Kolten Wong
    9. Carlos Martinez

Participant

Free

I’m loving the consistency. I hope Matheny stays with it even if some struggle early on.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No one is talking about it much, but Wong may have the most to gain by Gyorko’s injury.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Pads, if Tui doesnt step it up what does it matter if we lose him. Would he even be claimed?

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

When is Holland going to be ready?

I see the post on the Holland thread from Scully and Mulder that says he will join the team next Monday. Is that still the latest?

r/Rat

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Rats, the Holland plan isn’t likely to change yet. He doesn’t pitch for the first time until tomorrow night.

Cards extend their lead to 3-0 in T3rd.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Molina hit his third homer of the season on the first pitch of the fourth inning. Cards up 4-0.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m wondering if we will see a Munoz start in the next day or two. Probabaly not tomorrow with it being opening day

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Up 6-0 now, top of 6th. Pen should get a relatively easy night as Martinez’ current pitch count might enable him to go 7.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

How is Munoz defensively?

Participant

Free

Nice to see Martinez pitching very well tonight

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Martinez escapes a two-on mini-jam in the seventh. Still under 90 pitches.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Munoz muffed what could have been a game-ending 5-4-3. Martinez removed for Tui with two on, one out. Still 6-0.

Munoz had pinch-hit for Carpenter and got a “that’s ok” pat rom Martinez as the latter was taken out. Nice move.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Bloop single to CF loads bases and ends Tui’s night after one batter. Bud Norris is on to pitch. He induced a 1-2-3 DP to end the game and preserve the shutout. Cardinals win game 6-0 and series 2-1 to even their record at 3-3.

I sure wish that bum Norris would have been released! 😉
    So far, three innings, two hits, no walks, four strikeouts.

Participant

An ace performance by Martinez.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Good to get the taste of last night out of their mouths. A .500 road trip works well if you take care of business at home.

Participant

I don’t have a problem eating crow when I am wrong. Hope Norris keeps making me eat crow. Having said that it is a long season hope Norris makes me look foolish.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I haven’t watched every inning, and maybe I’ve missed some plays to the contrary, but Martinez has looked better at 1B the last couple of nights to me.

Participant

Free

Really good game on the hill by Martinez. And an even better showing showing compassion for Munoz. That’s picking up a teammate. Norris did his job and it was a really good win from start to finish. Oh and on a side note the Blues suck, smh. Why can’t they get it right…sigh

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years