2018 Reg Seas Game #54 – vs. Pirates – Thu 5/31

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #54 – vs. Pirates – Thu 5/31

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Using Hicks in the seventh with three more games coming in this series…

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

While I agree that he may never mash RHP, he is at .250/.318/.400 against them this year. If he could stick around .700 OPS against the righties, couldn’t his ability against LHP and his defense add up to a pretty decent starter?

IMO it would be worth a try if Fowler’s turnaround never happens.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I’d rather see Hicks in a game like this than a 6-1 game.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The game is blacked out here in PA…was that pitch on the double play as comically low as it looked on Gameday?

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Had the double play pitch not been hit, it would’ve probably hit the dirt just as it would’ve reached Pena’s mitt.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I still think Jose can blossom into an adequate 1st baseman. I know Oqie & Co. are working extensively with him on his D. But obviously he needs more practice at the position. Tell you what I would do…..I would make some adjustments to a couple pitching machines and turn them into fielding machines for Jose. I’d place one around where SS is and have it fire all sorts of throws to 1st. Low throws, high throws, wide throws, soft throws, hard throws, throws with a little English on them….you name it. And another at home plate that flung out a wide variety of hot grounders and line drives in Jose’s direction. An hour a day working with Oqie on his fielding and throws and two hours a day with the fielding machines until he gets it right.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tie game. Go ahead run in scoring position.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Other than Lyons, Cards pitchers (Flaherty, Brebbia, Hicks) have labored tonight. Nothing easy, a lot of pitches.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was like the entire Milwaukee series. It was as if the entire staff suddenly couldn’t get that last strike on any batter. Seems to be continuing tonight.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Three run homer by Cervelli and the Pirates lead 8-5.

I am going to watch a 9-Ball match back in 2001 between Ralf Souquet and Efren Reyes from the Masters tournament then watch the rest of the Texas/Seattle game.

r/Rat

Participant

Free

Ballgame!

Participant

Free

It’s getting difficult to tune in on a daily basis. Hopefully they can get healthy and turn it around. The nights we get what would usually be enough offense the pitching doesn’t hold its own

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sure would have been nice to see Lyons face more than two batters…

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pen blows again. I guess this was predictable. We’ve got a pitching staff that is impossible to manage.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Same ol, same ol. The bullpen harpoons the team early and by the time they get their head out of their collective behinds, it’s too late.

Sell at the deadline (Norris, Gyorko, maybe see what you can get for Lyons, Fowler, kick the tires on trading Wacha and Ozuna), let the kids fill out the bullpen, fire Matheny and Mabry, retool around the rotation and make a serious run at an elite bat in the offseason and maybe 2019 won’t be a bust.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Bottom of the 9th has gotten interesting. Based loaded with no outs. Voit pinch hitting. Cards trail 8-5.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

LOL. If Luke Voit is the hero after being roundly panned for being called up today…well, that would be something.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Voit with a 2-run single. Ozuna now on third and still no outs. Cards trail by one now. This could be an improbable comeback.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Munoz with a 3-run HR walk off. Score 10-8. Wow.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You are all welcome. My breaking point apparently broke the bad luck or something. Munoz plants one in the seats for the W. I’m cracking up.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

hallelujah!!

Participant

Free

The way it sounded on here, the game was over. The Cardinals proved the doubters wrong. 10-8 Cardinals win in the bottom of the 9th with a walk-off HR by Munoz.

Participant

Free

I knew my “Ballgame!” comment would jinx the Pirates!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards walk off with 10-8 win to improve to 30-24.

Participant

Free

Like I said, Munoz has played his way to every day SS and have to consider it even when DeJong returns. Gyorko, Munoz, DeJong, Carpenter. Bye bye Wong and Jose.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years