2018 Reg Seas Game #39 – at Twins – Tue 5/15

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #39 – at Twins – Tue 5/15

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It’d sure be nice to get six from Flaherty. He and and the pen have the one run they need, now go finish it.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well…5 pitches certainly qualifies as a fast inning. Nicely done…on to the sixth.

Call it a sense but we may, just may see a Carpenter base hit this inning.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Was that a 5-pitch 5th inning from Flaherty. He’s looking like a seasoned vet who knows he’s going to have to make-do with one run.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shucks…..the wifey is insisting that I watch an episode of Mindhunter with her. Pretty riveting series to say the least. Keep me posted on the game, gentlemen, as you’ll be my only connection to the action for the rest of this one.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pham has looked horrible in his at bats tonight. Haven’t seen him swing at such bad pitches in a long time.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

stlcard25, hope your sense is right, and not non-sense. Wow, Pham looks lost tonight.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carpenter follows Pham down swinging. These guys are being dominated by Berrios right now. Even Martinez just missed a fat breaking ball right down the middle.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As if the Twins needed any more luck, Kepler with the web gem on the drive to right by Jose. Stuck at 1-0.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pugs, evidently you didn’t pay enough dues to wifey on Mother’s Day. Still in debt the day after I see.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Flaherty now going through their lineup for the third time. He’s at 76 pitches with one out in the 6th.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice play by Dejong on the scorched ball up the middle by Mauer. Jack’s slider has looked pretty good tonight. Now the fight with Dozier results in the infield single. Rosario up with the tying run on.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bit of luck there by Flaherty missing in the middle of the plate and it was only fouled off. Rosario clubs the next one into right and the Twins are in business with first and third.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Escobar with the lucky poke off the end of the bat and there goes the chance for the first W. Jack is done. I’m beginning to hate the Twins like it’s 1987 all over again. Lol

858booyah
    Participant

Free

He was out of gas. fastball was very hittable in the 6th. Left in for one too many batters.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cecil puts out the fire to keep it tied. Do our boys have it in them to overcome the monumental task of scoring another run?

BTW, Cecil has looked good at least three consecutive outings (I think).

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cecil with the induced pop up to get out of it.

Jack was cruising most of the night and you hate to see the kid get the screws put to him on the last batter. Sometimes it happens, but he fought to the end and his lack of a W will be 100% on the terrible offense tonight.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Left in for one too many batters.

That seems to be a common day ritual for Matheny.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

2 hits for the offense off a guy who came in with an ERA over 8 the last month. I’ve mostly been neutral about Mabry and his job but I’m getting squarely into the “Mabry must go” camp. I know it’s the players’ job to execute but someone has to be on the block. Sorry, John. Yer fired (or should be).

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Its a miracle this team is 8-game over .500.

7innings (93 pitches) and Berrios has a game score of 82. Wut?! Why was Mabry retained after the majority of the coaching staff has been fired the past couple of seasons?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

A good outing for Flaherty. He was cruising…until he wasn’t cruising. Regardless, you probably don’t want to let the kid endure a 30-pitch inning when he’s nearing 100 pitches while making his 3rd trip through their lineup in a 1-run game.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cecil gives up the gopher ball that was lucky to not go out. Go ahead (winning?) run on second and no out. I think we know how this one is likely to end.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Refreshing to see Luker Gregerson not only sucks throwing the ball to home plate but he also sucks throwing the ball to any base.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Buxton puts the bunt down and Gregerson muffs the throw. 2-1 Twins and Buxton on second.

Now a wild pitch and Buxton to third.

Sorry guys, here on the east coast it’s getting later and I’ve gotta be up early so I’m out. Hoping for the best but the offense has been about as much fun to watch as the grass tonight. Go Cards!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Gregerson implodes on a bunt. He fields it and throws the ball into right field to give the Twins the lead.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Hey another throwing error by out pitching staff. 2-1 Twins.

Then a ball gets away from Kelly and Buxton is on 3rd with 1 out.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.