2018 Reg Seas Game #26 – at Bucs – Sat 4/28

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #26 – at Bucs – Sat 4/28

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:05 p.m. RHP Jack Flaherty (0-0, 1.80 ERA) vs. RHP Trevor Williams (3-1, 2.15) FOX Sports Midwest/KMOX

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope Gyorko’s “role” isn’t vs LHP’s. that’s 30% playing time, plus PH appearances.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1/3 of the way done with the score tied, 1-1.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Martinez doubled and Ozuna drove him in. Cards up 2-1, B6th.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

I just don’t see how you can have 3 guys in the starting lineup hitting under 200

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Flaherty walks the first two in B6th and is pulled in favor of Leone.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Why didn’t Carp just step on 3rd and fire to first for the DP? It was tailor made for that.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Now Pham bobbles one in CF to allow runner to advance. Defense lacking badly in the 6th.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Defensive trouble. Ball hit to Carpenter with runners at first and second. He threw to second instead of stepping on bag at third. Runner at third then scored on a hit, as Pham made another error trying to field the ball in CF. Hitter advances to second on the error, removing the force. So an intentional walk is ordered to load the bases, still with just one out. Sac fly to deep CF gives Bucs 3-2 lead. Runners on first and second also tag up and take the extra base. Martinez barely handled a one-hop throw from Carpenter for the third out, saving two more runs. Ugh.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I trust Leone about as much as I do Kim Jong-un. Bombs away Pirates!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

My goodness, Carp butchers another one in the 6th with an absurdly awful throw, but bailed out by Martinez on the catch at first to end avert further damage. Maybe Mike can double switch Carp out soon, LOL.

Better get some runs soon.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We have got to get matt off 3B.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

George Kissell would absolutely throw a tizzy with all of these shenanigans! Obviously, the organization didn’t have the foresight to have George groom someone to take his place. Yes, there is only one George Kissell, but George could have trained some worthy understudy to at least keep the ship afloat. We miss you George!!!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Gregerson awful. Fat pitch in the middle of the plate for a double, then a walk. And he is done.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

See this is what I’m talking about in regards to Matheny. He just doesn’t see the big picture! LAst night he pitches Holland in the 9th is slow to remove him and the game blows up ad we lose in epic fashion. This issue is you’ve got a rookie throwing today and take a look at what we’ve got now. Down 4-2 in a game I don’t think we will come back to win and the possibility of getting swept after a 5-1 homestand and some momentum. built up. He can absolutely kill a ballclub with his decision making and slow reaction to in game issues regarding his bullpen.

Yeah the defense has had some blunders. I mean what did you expect when you’re 1st basemen is playing 3rd and your 1st basemen should be a DH cause he really can’t play defense very well?

It’s just frustrating watching this team bumble and stumble under the leadership of Mozeliak and his buddy Matheny.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Bad luck for Mayers and Cards. Two infield singles and Bucs are up 5-2. Bases still loaded with two out in B7th. Fowler falls into stands chasing what would have been third out.

And Fowler later gets the third out.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Some were optimistic about our pen. Are those minds changing now, or will time allow them to round into form? I’ve never liked the idea of Reyes doing pen duty, but maybe we’ll have no choice since so far we appear to have brought in new pen duds to replace last year’s duds. The 7th is another bad inning for the pen tonight, but at least for Mayers part, he has been victimized by bad luck more than anything.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

It looked like his tripped just slightly on the track and that threw his balance off a bit and he flipped over it. At first I thought he landed on his head.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I trust brebbbia, gant, mayers and sherriff
    more than I do gregerson, leone, bowman and lyons.

Norris and hicks aside, I like the Memphis pen better.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

“George Kissell would absolutely throw a tizzy with all of these shenanigans! Obviously, the organization didn’t have the foresight to have George groom someone to take his place. Yes, there is only one George Kissell, but George could have trained some worthy understudy to at least keep the ship afloat. We miss you George!!!”
    =========================================================================================================

We do Pugs. Its Jose O’quissel.

Time for my Double Whopper from Burger King, a cigar, and Mannix.

r/Rat

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I think the flat concrete was a safer landing spot for Fowler than if he had fallen onto a row of empty seats.

Ozuna did not hustle on a pop fly dropped in short LF. He could have been at second instead of first, but was stranded anyway.

Just three more outs for the Cardinals.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Our bullpen is still a pile of steaming horse manure.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Now Martinez joins Pham with errors on consecutive nights. This one was not close to being hard hit. The ball just bounced off his glove as another run scores. 6-2 Bucs heading into the ninth.

NJ315
    Participant

So is Martinez defense. 6-2

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years