2018 Reg Seas Game #25 – at Bucs – Fri 4/27

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #25 – at Bucs – Fri 4/27

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:05 p.m. RHP Miles Mikolas (3-0, 3.46) vs LHP Steven Brault (2-1, 4.44) FOX Sports Midwest/KMOX

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sunny here in PA now but I hear some rain may be coming later.

Definitely hoping to see Bader get the start against the lefty tonight, and Gyorko should be in for Wong or Carpenter as well. If Miles can get us a quality start, gotta like the chances of coming away with a win.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

It always seems to rain when we are in Pittsburgh. Must be something about them there Three Rivers that congregate close to AT&T Park.

See, I didn’t call it Three Rivers Stadium this time!

r/Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

The convergence of 3 powerful rivers into 1 must indeed create weather disturbances, Rat. Maybe Rat can come up with an appropriate name for this meteorological phenomena. What a dependable sort Miles has been for us. He tosses another dandy tonight and you can count me in as a Mikolas true believer.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs, I believe that meteorological phenomena is called rain. It always seems to rain at Three Riv, I mean, AT&T Park when we go there.

r/Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

Rain…… hmmmm…I like it, Rat! I swear you must come from a long line of meteorologists….a very long line from at least the 1600’s. Well let us hope that these probable rains stay behind our 3 river convergence and we get this baby in. I’d hate to have too many of these games to make up later in the year.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cards’ next game at AT&T Park will be on July 5. For tonight:

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The “other” third baseman, Jedd Gyorko, blasted a ball out to left to open the 3rd. Cards 1-0.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

RBI by Pham (double) and Ozuna (single) increase the third-inning lead to 3-0.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ozuna’s 2nd RBI of the game builds the lead to 5-0 in T5th.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas was cruising along, then homer-single-single and the Pirates are on the edge of getting right back in the game.

Sac fly makes it 5-2, still one out and man on first. Need to stop the bleeding.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Protecting the 5-2 lead in the eighth, Norris again looks good. Holland allows double-single to open the ninth and the potential tying run steps in.

Participant

Free

Holland gives up a leadoff double, then a single. 1st & 3rd nobody out in the bottom of the 9th

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

At least Buckner got in front of the ball. Martinez ole’d a chopper for an error as the third Pirates run scores.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This game has backbreaker written all over it. Come on, Holland…buckle down and get out of this with one run or none.

Participant

Free

Is there some unwritten rule against warming a up a bullpen a little bit right after the guy going into the game is inserted?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

You can say that again, 25. Lead run at third with no out. It is going to take a monumental effort by Leone to hold the tie.

Participant

14 M dollar man coughed up.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I thought Holland would end up being a decent signing for one year. I’m pretty much ready to DFA him now. Bring up Brebbia and send him back to wherever he came from.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Danny Mac said the OF defense is playing too shallow to throw out the runner at the plate. Fact is, only Pham would have a shot anyway. And sure enough, the ball went to him.

Participant

Free

Worthless POS! Martinez didn’t help but Holland just flat out sucked tonight.

This is flat out an implosion all around but it begins with the decision on who the manager let close. Wasn’t it someone the other day who said Holland is basically on his last week of ST?

Inexcusable loss by this team and I’m sick of seeing this garbage the last 3 season and we’ve seen it twice in the last 4 days.

Participant

Free

Yeah and is there some unwritten rule you can’t warm a guy up a bit right after he leaves the pen? We seem to be a bit slow in that department

Participant

Free

Bowman huh?

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow…that was some escape. Major surprise to not give up that 6th run. Now go win it, offense!

Participant

Free

What are the odds of getting out of that crap?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years