2018 Reg Seas Game #24 – vs. Mets – Thu 4/26

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #24 – vs. Mets – Thu 4/26

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Ozuna needs to break out. he is killing us.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Matheny empties out the bullpen. Looks like it’ll be up to Gant as he’s the last man (assuming Hicks is unavailable).

Participant

Paid - Annual

I didn’t think Brebbia could be sent down without having 10 days on the roster or another injury. Or does Wainrights injury still apply?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

C27, the 10-day rule is for guys going up, not down.

Participant

That’s A Winner!!!

Participant

Great job by Gant!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

St. Louis wins 4-3 in 13 innings as Fowler drives in Martinez. Gant gets the win with three perfect relief innings. The Cardinals win the series, two games to one, and are 15-9 on the season.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Shux, I went to mow the yard after Gargoyle gave up the lead on a bases loaded walk.

Good to see Ron Gant make a comeback for us.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wasn’t easy but…good to get the series win. On to Pittsburgh!

grayssportsalmanaccgrayssportsalmanacc
    Participant

Free

all i saw was hollands line, how did he look? Any faster on the gun?

Participant

Free

Yeah I was flying back from STL to SD and saw the results when we landed. I am happy we won this series because it appears thr Mets will be in the thick of it. Was at the game Sunday and Tuesday but had to leave the night tilt due to my buddy having to be at work at 530. Important to play well within the division and beat quality teams.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Great win today, and it was big getting the series after losing a tough one on Tuesday. Some good things came out of this series, along with the 2 wins of course. Kolten Wong played well, and hopefully gained some confidence in himself and his manager. It really should not be an issue with him getting playing time I- he should be in the lineup every day.

Tommy Pham continues to be a great player; our best all-around player in fact. The guy is a grinder, and does the job day in and day out.

Good starts by Wacha and Martinez, which were important after Weaver was poor in the series opener.

It will be interesting to see how we fare in Pittsburgh against a Buc club that is off to a good start. Polanco might be on the verge of a break out season for them, and they still have some solid talent in Mercer, Marte, Harrison (injured), and Cervelli. They have had good starting pitching so far, but their bullpen seems to be still working things out, sort of like ours, although we have done better.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m worried about Weaver and Leone. They are both pitching up in the zone too much. If Weaver doesn’t figure that out soon, I think he will find himself back in Memphis. Leone gets away with it more than Weaver because he usually only has to get three outs and he’s out of the inning by the time the batters figure out what to do with him.

Participant

Cardinal broadcast talking heads have done way too much bragging on Weaver for sure. Another consecutive bad outing and I would like to see him removed from the rotation.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“Removed from the rotation”…?? That’s a pretty fickle assessment for two bad starts, don’t you think? All he’s done since his first cup of tea in 2016 is put up a 3.17 FIP last year and strung up three good starts to the season. I think he’s more than earned his chance to figure it out…and I fully believe he will.

Participant

Paid - Annual

We have to stay patient with Weaver. The greatest asset a pitcher or hitter has is to adjust to what the opposition is doing to you. Then adjust again when changes are made in the oppositions approach. I’d like to see him throw that curveball more, and be more selective when you are facing a hitter like Cespedes, Machado, etc. who are elite hitters. A walk is not the worst thing to do. Not a fair comparison, but I always admired Glavine’s ability to not give in. He’d walk in a run before giving in to the hitter. Weaver, and Flaherty for that matter, need more patience, and they should learn this, but it takes time.

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years