2018 Reg Seas Game #20 – vs. Reds – Sat 4/21

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #20 – vs. Reds – Sat 4/21

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m., RHP Carlos Martinez (2-1, 1.75) vs. RHP Homer Bailey (0-3, 3.42), FS Midwest/KMOX

Participant

Paid - Annual

Pham out of the lineup again, hopefully just taking it easy protecting his injury and nothing serious. Give it to Molina for being off to a good start but really do not like him in 2nd hole. He and Carp in the lead off spot really clogs up the base paths if they do get on. Do like seeing a Flower dropped down in the lineup.

Participant

Paid - Annual

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

jim,
    During last night’s broadcast it was mentioned that Pham has been battling “flu-like” symptoms since the Chicago series and can’t seem to shake them. Insisted on playing. Could be why he’s not playing today.

Participant

With this lineup it would make some sense to bat Bader ninth.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

That would make sense, UConn. Pham looked pretty good as the leadoff hitter last night.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I like Martinez hitting third. He seems like their most consistent hitter. I don’t think the 2 hole is good for Molina though.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

That is one of the more bizarre batting orders I have ever see.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

…”seen”… (typing from my phone)

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

This lineup is goofy. Molina in the 2 hole?

Participant

Free

I can’t stand Molina hitting above 7th, I know hes been really good this year. But I’d much prefer him being lower and driving people in because it’s hard to drive him in.
    I love Carpenter back at lead off though.
    I’m still not sold on Jose Martinez, but hes hitting so go with it.
    Jedd deserves to play every day over Wong. I don’t know what to do with Wong anymore. Would anybody actually take his contract off their hands?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Does this suggest to you that the analytics department cooked up this batting order?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

Today’s lineup? The view from France is why not?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

“Molina is the smartest baserunner,” after stealing second. Molina is then thrown out at third trying to advance on a wild pitch for the final out of the inning, with Ozuna batting. “Molina can’t get thrown out in that situation.” Segway to commercial…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

DeJong’s two-run home run to left puts the Cards up, 2-0 in the second.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp is finally batting first! Yes!

I would have liked to have seen O’Neill get a start.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Carp with a leadoff double in the bottom of the 5th and Molina, JMart or Ozuna can’t score him. That’ll come back to bite us.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Wong shows his maddening inconsistency. In the fifth, he looked to have forgotten the number of outs and made the double-play turn too late. Carlos Martinez was able to get the fourth out/potential tying run, represented by Votto. Then, in the sixth, Wong made a full speed running catch of a pop fly in short right with his back to the plate. He then threw to first to double up the runner. The bad and the exceptional in short order.

And Fowler homers into the RF bullpen leading off the home sixth, 3-0 Cards. Breaks his 0-for-15 skid.

Participant

Free

And here it goes again. Fowler and Carpenter with hits today…Magic!

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep, Wong is maddening. If he could ever learn to stay out of his own way (mostly mentally), maybe he could thrive.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Lyons allowed to make a complete mess out of the 7th.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

So much for Martinez’ (and maybe the team’s) win. MM staying with Lyons so long could be the pivotal mistake in this game. Reminded me a bit of Holland’s debut.

Participant

Free

Lyons doesn’t get anybody out, allows 3 Reds to score on two singles, a walk and another single.

Inherited runners score yet again.

Participant

Free

This team is not good enough to outplay the manager. My goodness it was clear Lyons didnt have it on the first two pitches. But nope let’s just leave him in there to cough up the lead.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years