2018 Reg Seas Game #17 – at Cubs – Tue 4/17

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #17 – at Cubs – Tue 4/17

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Holland is going to start hurting the bullpen because he clearly isn’t ready. That wasn’t a high pressure situation. He had a 4-run lead and bottom half of Cubs lineup. His command is MIA.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Heck of an At Bat by Garcia – 11 pitches

Participant

Paid - Annual

Thinking out loud here on that foul ball into Bartman Land….I bet he likes cold games such as this so he can hide under about 5 layers of clothes….bet on a night like this he’s a total foul ball hog.

Participant

Free

Great at bat there by Garcia. Would have been great even if he ended up striking out.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

DeJong K’s for the 4th time. That means unless the game goes to extra innings, over half the outs to night were strikeouts.

Participant

Free

My gawd DeJong is something else. Hits a solo bomb to put Cards up 3-1 but ends up with the golden sombrero.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Just think what Nolan Ryan could have done pitching against our boys, Colhusker. 23….maybe 24 K’s?

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

That is a scary thought Pugsley

Participant

Paid - Annual

In Bud Norris We Trust. Think it’s too late to get him on the 2019 $1 bill? Oh oh….base knock now with Schwarber representing the tying run at the dish.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Game off! 5-3 your joyous final!

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Good win for the good guys!

Participant

Free

Nice pitch! The ump helped a bit. I thought he’d call it a ball for sure but he had called a couple others earlier strikes on that corner.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Bud (still a Cardinal) Norris got the tough five-out save as the Cards win the opener at Wrigley, 5-3. Their record on the season improves to 10-7.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Five consecutive wins on the road is certainly nothing to sneeze at!

( we shouldn’t mention that 4 of them were against the Reds )

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Norris does a great job to handle the tough part of their lineup in the 9th at Wrigley. I was surprised he came inside on the 1-2 pitch to Contreras…but I approve of everything else. 😉

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good to win one in the cold at Wrigley. Now let’s see Weaver shut em down this afternoon and leave with a 6 game win streak!

Participant

Free

Great win tonight AW pitched well enough and Norris looked great to.

Dejong though my god he looks absolutely LOST at the plate unless the pitcher serves up a BP fastball.

Participant

Free

Bud Norris now has a 16.39 K/9 rate with a 0.96 BB/9 rate. Incredible.

Participant

Paid - Monthly
    Participant

It seems longer, but the Rox picked up AO off waivers from the Cards 6 years ago. Nice pick up by COL.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

And bad move by the Cards to give up on Ottavino so quickly. I thought it was odd at the time.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I never understood why the Cardinals let Ottavino walk. At the time, he was looking more like a bullpen guy than a starter, and seemed to be a potential closer. But our loss was the Rockies gain.

This Bud’s for you! Man, Norris is really pitching well. The thing I like about him is he throws strikes. None of this Rosenthal drama where we never knew if it was the control, dominant version, or the wild thing version. Norris throws strikes, and has a mid-90s fast ball with some good off speed stuff.

Hicks might be better than anyone on our staff though. Man, thinking of him and Reyes as go-to guys over the second half of the season is exciting!

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

glad to see Norris getting into a nice groove…and i like his confidence too…sometimes it is a show but it is nice to see from those backend guys…subdued is nice but a little gruff can make it exciting as long as your stuff plays

glad we didnt dump him like many suggested after ST

even if Holland takes a while to round into form…i cant say i am excited it is taking as long as it is…but i understand it… Gregerson, Norris, HOlland, Hicks is pretty nasty at the end… Leone, Lyons arent too shabby either…throw in potential of Reyes or Flaherty or Hudson or Helsley too and that pen could be asty by the end of the year… and that says nothign for Bowman, Tuivalala and even Cecil

does Wacha or Waino really NEED to go through the lineup three times with an 8 man pen of higher quality?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Great win last night! Solid outing by Waino, great work by Leoone, Hicks, Lyons, and Norris. Not so much by Holland.

Great night at the plate for Carp although I’d still like to see him hit leadoff. Last night he looked like Tommy Herr circa 1985.

DeJong kept up his Dave Kingman impersonation with three k’s and one bomb. The guys on this board that felt like he was going to be Diaz 2.0 look to be right. Actually I think he is Trevor Story 2.0, which isn’t a compliment either. I still don’t understand the rush to extend DeJong.

As was mentioned before I think it is time for Holland to develop an “injury” so he can go on a long rehab.

One final note, I think the Cards caught a break last night with the wind blowing in. The Cubs squared up at least five balls that would have been way out on a normal night. But hey, we will take it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong is just in a slump.Saying Dave Kingman 2.0 is silly.DeJong has been in a funk but so far he hasnt sucked like Pham in 2016 who sucked over 200 ABs.DeJong will get it together.Hes too good a player.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years