2018 Reg Seas Game #160 – at Cubs – Fri 9/28

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #160 – at Cubs – Fri 9/28

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I do remember the last week of 1964!

Participant

Paid - Annual

I remember 1964 and the damn Mets beating the Cards until Cards finally clinched on last day I think.Mets battled Cards every game and made it hard for Cards to clinch.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The ‘64 and ‘67 Cardinals are my favorite all-time teams!

Meanwhile, we are done people. 2018 is another “not good enough” year.

Participant

Jon Jay, Daniel Descalso, and Allen Craig are all available in the off season.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I was born in 1964…..March 28th to be exact. We’re getting old gentlemen. Became a Cardinal fan at age 4. Have no recollection whatsoever of the ’68 WS….which is good. Remember those ugly 70’s teams like the back of my hand though.

Participant

Free

Hmm…in 1964 my birth was still 15 years away, though late March is a good time to have a birthday…including myself there’s 5 members of my extended family, well now only three of us but that’s only because my Grandma and her twin brother aren’t with us anymore, he died several years ago and she a few…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Catching up from a question on a previous page:

Onyx, Hicks was not ejected. Shildt removed him from the game.

Participant

Free

BlackHills:

The incredible thing is that it could happen.

Participant

Free

The point of 64 was that we had some veterans that made it work. With six games to go, we trailed Philly by two games, and we had to play Philly in Philly three times. We won all three to take the lead by a game with three easy games against the Mets who were like 55-104 or thereabouts. They beat us two straight in St.Louis before we clinched on the last day as Cincy finally lost to Philly, allowing them to tie for second, one game back. Cincy had caught us with one game left.

We beat the leaders in their house. Sadecki won 20, but it was Curt Simmons that kind of saved us. We were heavy into Gibson, Simmons, and Sadecki. Simmons started the clincher with Gibson entering in long relief. After losing 1-0 in the first game of the Met series, Gibson got the win in the clincher in relief. Good teams play well in the clutch. Teams that lose at home in the middle of pennant chases don’t win.

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years