2018 Reg Seas Game #160 – at Cubs – Fri 9/28

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #160 – at Cubs – Fri 9/28

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hendricks mows the Cards down in order in the first.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cubs get a run in already, none out and runners on 1st and 3rd.

At least the suffering won’t last long.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wong boots an easy grounder. 2-0 Cubs

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Just more of the Cardinals doing Cardinal things. They probably feel like the season can’t end fast enough.

Participant

Free

I’m almost going to be surprised if they win again

Participant

It no longers matters who is pitching 2 or 20 runs this offense is dead right now.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Offense showing a little life.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Carpenter and Jmart fail again.Damn.2nd and 3rd 1 out and can`t get a stinking run in.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

That worthless Carpenter lofts a short flyball to left that Bryant hauls in and the runners stay at 2nd and 3rd. Then Bozo flies to RF and the Cards fail to score.

Carpenter is now down in the .250s and as far as I am concerned needs to hit the road. He gets hot a couple of times a year and all of a sudden people think he’s great. But he’s hit in the .240s last year and now the .250s this year. Enough said.

Yes, I know his OBEP is .772 and he has a GWOR 2.34 and a MEPAP of 1.25.

r/Rat

Participant

I am with you Rats, I hope that Carp, Waino, JMartinez, Gyorko, Cecil,Fowler, Adams, GGarcia, Mayers, and Norris don’t come back. But most of them will be back. I can live without Ozuna but he deserves a second chance.

Participant

Paid - Annual

NJ- I think you could be right about all those guys you just named except Fowler- nobody will want his sorry self .All the others can be trade bait as far as I am concerned.Time to move on from most of those guys.Agree Ozuna gets another chance hopefully with a healed shoulder.

Participant

Free

Carp blows….

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bw52

Participant
    According to Cots contracts Forbes valued the Cards at 1.9 Billion this year. Cubs valued 2.9 Billion.Hell of a difference IMHO.

I’m not sure there is a direct correlation between team value and payroll. There are some teams that are worth less than the Cardinals but have an equal or greater payroll. (Astros, Angels, Mariners off the top of my head).

Participant

Paid - Annual

Who was it that said the Cubs messed up by acquiring Murphy?

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How much should we sign him for this offseason??

Participant

Free

Yeah I don’t think carp NEEDS to go but the others listed do. You just don’t deserve to make the playoffs with gyorko as one of your middle of the order bats

Is there a single arm in the bullpen with a positive WAR?

Participant

Free

Nice play by Jedd right on cue

Participant

Free

Of those named, Martinez is the only one that I would want back. I hear the criticism. I’m not buying it yet. Our only 300 hitter.

Fowler is paid too much to trade. We’d have to keep two-thirds of his salary, and the only team that seems to like him is Chicago. Poor on offense and defense. Ozuna is horrible on defense, but he offers some hope if we can get another hitter who is a #3 or #4 type. Free agency? We don’t really have any trade bait other than our pitching. Any more, GMs seem to prefer a good hitter to a good pitcher.

Some teams seem to fear Carp. Maybe a chance to unload to a stadium with a short right field porch. He needs to be where he can be hidden in the lineup, not leadoff. Gyroko? Bench on a decent team.

Musial had two years with more than forty K, his last two. He hit with average and power without striking out. We need a hitting coach who can reduce strikeouts. DeJong, Martinez, Ozuna, Wong, Bader—too many Ks. What’s wrong with going to the opposite field to avoid a K? Need to put in a project to reduce Ks. Fact, the most indicative statistic is that teams that have the most pitching strikeouts win. I haven’t seen the correlation that should be obvious: those that strike out least should also win.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The team just went ice cold at the wrong moment. Things were too big for the young guys.

Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    stlcard25

Participant

How much should we sign him for this offseason??

No one has suggested we should. He was a good rental. Not so much as a long term piece.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hopefully that’s the last we see of Hicks this year, and Flaherty should be skipped if the final game is meaningless.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yes, many transactions need to take place. It’s not this FO’s style. And I don’t trust them to do it anyway. A catch 22, really.

Participant

Free

The fact that the older guys did not respond well at the end of the season was the story. If you have good veterans, they step up. Wainwright had a couple of good key starts. Molina did pretty well. The rest of our 28+ crowd fell apart like they didn’t care. No leadership apparent.

If you have a 220 hitting backup infielder, he needs to be a steady vet. Same with a catcher. Need steady leaders.

Anyone remember the last week of 1964?

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I cannot wait for the 2019 season to start and see Matt Carpenter back playing 1B, Gyorko playing 3B and JMart/Dex playing RF.

Participant

Free

I missed it but read Hicks got ejected…home plate ump gabage again?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years