2018 Reg Seas Game #152 – at Braves – Tue 9/18

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #152 – at Braves – Tue 9/18

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadi sweeps the bases clean with a shot that gets thru the wickets of both the shortstop and Acuna in left!! Too bad they didn’t have a Rover out there as it might of got thru him too….6-1 Redbirds!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pugs, you’re obviously in good ear shot of the big girl as you detected some of her early notes. I bet you can really hear her bellowing it out now from your vantage point.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha!! Indeed Euro…..hear her Crystal clear and oh it’s sweet sweet music to my ears!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Geesh look at the size of Maddux’s fingers. That’s the one physical trait that bodes oh so well for you if you want to become either a pitcher or a quarterback …large hands. Always exceptions to everything….Brett Favre had fairly small hands….not Donald Trump small, but pretty darn small for a QB.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

A scoreless inning from Leone….seems like a bonus.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Leone navigates the 8th and maintains the 5 run lead.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Leone sets down 3-4 Braves in the 8th and score remains the same 6-1…..Didn’t Ledd Zepeline have a song “The Score Remains the Same”….

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How about another run of two for good measure .

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pugs, add dunking a basketball to your list. Dr J (Julius Erving) had enormous hands, could palm a basketball like a baseball. That’s why he could gyrate the ball around in circles and loops before throwing it down.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The empty seats in this place is just astounding. You’d think these guys were hanging around Miami in the standings.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tyler “Meat Pillar” O’Neill smacks a double into left that scores Muñoz for a 7-1 lead.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hey stlcard25, I love it when our pen guys navigate. 😉 Of course, the Titanic skipper thought he was navigating just prior to sailing into the lumpy water. So, O’Neill decides to drive in another run in case we run into any navigation issues in the bottom of the 9th.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The empty seats in this place is just astounding. You’d think these guys were hanging around Miami in the standings.

Being from a northern clime, I don’t think I’d want to sit outside on an Atlanta night, either.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And yet another ball gets by the left fielder Acuna….sweet! Tell you what, if you have a good joke yo tell, this Acuna fellow is not the guy you want to tell it to, as literally everything is getting by him tonight.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna smashes one off the right field wall. 8-1.

If the offense can get Carpenter rolling again, they could be scary.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And yet another ball gets by the left fielder Acuna….sweet! Tell you what, if you have a good joke yo tell, this Acuna fellow is not the guy you want to tell it to, as literally everything is getting by him tonight.

Ha ha ha…well, he certainly looks like a star in the making but he might need a little work with the glove. He did appear to have good range to get to those balls though.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Atlanta and sports attendance has often been underwhelming over the decades. I was a Cards fan at a very early age in the 60s, but growing up in NC, I had to beg my Dad to take me Fulton County Stadium if I wanted to see MLB. This was back in the days of Hamerin’ Hank and nothing else. You could go to the ticket office 5 minutes before game time and get seats a few rows behind home plate and enjoy the game with the other 3,000 fans. I didn’t know that non-humid climates existed.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mayers Ks the first two on six pitches. He loses his chance at an immaculate inning when the first pitch to Albies goes low. He then loses Ozzie to a walk. Two down.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards take the series. How about a sweep? Cards owe them.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Markakis flies out and we have a final! 8-1 St Louis!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Testing

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Testing

I’ll give you a C+.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice win.Gomber and bullpen get the job done.8-1.Not pretty but counts .Clutch hits save the day too.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Was trying to respond to Euro’s Dr. J. post, but something in my post is triggering the system to not allow it to be posted. No naughty words were written….so go figure???

Thanks for the C+ grade, stlcard25! I wish my teachers back in the day had been so generous.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Anyone want to face the braves in the postseason.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.