2018 Reg Seas Game #122 – vs. Nats – Thu 8/16

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #122 – vs. Nats – Thu 8/16

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

My take is that some losses appear destined to be. On the other hand, last night’s game looked very winnable and it got away from them because of their mistakes. Will it matter? In a race this close, it could, but only time will tell.

My only ongoing concern will be if they revert to that kind of play on a regular basis.

wagee12
    Participant

Dear Mr. Bw52, this team is scratching and clawing to make the wild card game. We can not give up on him next year if he is not traded in the off season. He does not need to start another game for the Cards this season. What is his record? What did the two young hurlers who pitched the games proceeding his start show you? We need the roster spot for Wacha or Carlos. I know these things are difficult to noodle out, but a 6-12 record is not worthy of starting another game in this rotation.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My guess is Carlos takes Mayers pen spot and Weaver stays in the rotation. A DL trip could also open a roster spot for Carlos.

I’ll also guess we don’t see Wacha until rosters expand, when he can have one of the fifteen new spots.

While I’m guessing, i think the FO would like to see Luke tack on at least twenty IP from his all levels season total of ~135 in 17′.

As i mentioned before game time, there may be a weaver / ross piggyback in the works. Tonight we did see it.

This would allow management to stretch Luke to 155 to 165 IP, but also protect him from a poor outing, by quick hook, with Tyson waiting. I hope this what they are doing, because I want Luke as a SP now and next year, regardless of any W/L record.

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.