2018 Reg Seas Game #11 – vs. Brewers – Tue 4/10

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #11 – vs. Brewers – Tue 4/10

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

CRAP! Dex with the weak ground out to 1st. He pulled an inside pitch and that’ll end another Cards rally. *sigh*

This offense.

Participant

Free

Gotta take a break from the play-by-play. Someone feel free to take over.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

OK, but if you get it, why do you ask for something which is unreasonable? When a guy is awful, you don’t have to instinctively call for him to be released or sent down. Why not think a second or two about it first? Just a thought…

Well the condescending tone isn’t needed but to answer your question, Sosa could be called up to spell Muñoz. Is that not an option because if its not an option why is Sosa on the 40-man? Muñoz has looked overmatched in many of his plate appearances. So there you go…I did think about it and I thought Sosa could be called up in Muñoz’s place. But I digress…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sosa has a total of six career games above A-ball and a .208 average at Double-A to date. What are the odds that he would perform better in the majors right now than Munoz? Realistically?

The reason Sosa is on the 40-man is that he had to be put there or be exposed in the Rule 5 draft. That has very little to do with his current readiness for MLB.

Sorry you did not like the tone, but I get weary sometimes of the knee-jerk comments (from many, not just this example) that seem to be more ranting than common sense. I am hoping to have good baseball discussions with you.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Nice walk-off –

Participant

Free

Bottom of the 11th, DeJong infield single and then Carpenter ends it with a 2 run walk off HR………..

Participant

Free

Hopefully that one gets them going

Participant

Free

So tell me Brian what has Muñoz done where he has you’re overwhelming support. 11 games into season isn’t a knee jerk reaction. Its not like he had one bad plate appearance, he’s had many. It’s not about being ready because he’s not. But neither is Muñoz.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Two guys who had not done much this evening until now – DeJong and Carpenter – teamed up for the two-run comeback win, 5-3. The Cards improve to 5-6 on the season.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BHC, it has nothing to do with whether or not I support Munoz. As I said, there is no realistic replacement for him right now. By the way, the guy drew two walks, got an RBI and scored a run tonight, so he definitely contributed to the close win.

He will probably go down to Memphis when Gyorko is ready, so he can develop further, but that is not now. They still need him.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

You don’t seem to get it Brian that I didn’t say Muñoz needs to be sent down immediately. I didn’t say that. I said He needs to be sent down to Memphis because he looks overmatched. With that said he did had a good game today with the walks.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

OK, we can agree then that unless he hits better, Munoz should be sent down later. So we can talk about it again later, but Sosa is not likely to be part of the solution unless it is much later.

(Now, watch me say that and someone else gets injured so an emergency occurs that leads to Sosa being called up, too. Stranger things have certainly happened.)

Participant

Paid - Annual

Tell you what….. if Sosa does indeed receive that call to join the big club here in the next week, I’m sure that I won’t be the only one demanding that BlackHillsCard have the word “Co-Keymaster” emblazoned below his name.

Participant

Free

Nice job by the Cards offense to keep coming back late as the pen kept trying to give it away late late in this game and nice job by Carp for the walk off he was way due for that.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hopefully this can be a momentum builder for Carpenter…and the team. A lot of injuries lately have sapped the MLB depth but guys should start coming back soon. The bullpen, in theory, should pick up and the starters have looked better the second time through for the most part.

Participant

Free

BlackHillsCard
    Someone tell me Carp is an RBI guy and I will laugh at you all day long.

This didn’t age well BHC!

Participant

Free

Excellent bullpen management or did the players alone make all the right plays tonight?

Participant

THIS is the kind of game that good teams win, I’m sure that the clubhouse was full of good feelings. The HR takes some of the heat off the shaky bullpen…. almost like their performance didn’t happen. Good job Carpenter, I think you made some friends by picking them up.

Participant

Free

BlackHillsCard

Cardinal Nation have no fear! Matt Bowman is warming and getting ready for his 7th appearance of the season.

What’s wrong with that you may ask? Its only the 11th game of the season.

BHC, was Bowman available or not? How would you handle his usage going forward? Personally, I don’t think Bowman is very good at all so I don’t like him pitching anymore than he has to. But has he even pitched more than 2 days in a row? ‘Games’ mean nothing to me in April. Days-in-a-row absolutely do.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

With a day game today, it will not take long to see if this works out as they hope.

Participant

The Brewers had that “hurting the opponent” win on Monday. Cards got the same back on Tuesday. Let’s see how things play out in the rubber game. Very hurtful and frustrating series for both teams, so far.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Huge dongaroo by Carp last night, for had the Crew won that game, they would without doubt have put the finishing touches on the sweep today. Even if the pitching matchup today was Bob Gibson vs ……..Bob McClure.

Participant

Free

If you don’t see anything wrong in the overusage of pitchers, Pads than I can’t help you. In only games one pitcher has appeared in 7 out of 11 games (or more specifically 7 out of 13 days). That’s an issue and many others have pointed this out as well. And to answer your question, it doesn’t matter if Bowman was available last night or not because Matt Bowman is always available.

I don’t get your constant defense of Matheny.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years