2017 MLB Game #100: Cards vs. Rockies: Tue Jul 25

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #100: Cards vs. Rockies: Tue Jul 25

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

NJ315
    Participant

Lynn pitched very well. Leaves the game with two on not out. It is bullpen time.

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

I like this double play. Let’s get Lance the win!!

NJ315
    Participant

Siegrist allows one run but gets out of it without further damage.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards with 10 hits tonight and only two runs to show for it. The Rockies haven’t done much but have kept it in reach. This is the exact kind of game that this team has found a way to lose over and over again this year. Really hoping the Cards can pull it out.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, that didn’t take long.

NJ315
    Participant

Game tied. Bowman allows a hr to Story.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I don’t know this tweeter, but it is the same thing I have been saying for months.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great play by Wong to save the run.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Further….

NJ315
    Participant

That was an error not a hit for Grichuk

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards can’t take advantage of Arenado missing a play he usually makes. A pop-up and a double play…still tied. I’m afraid we have seen this game before and the way that it typically ends.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian, I agree. I tried to post something similar that wouldn’t go through. He’s a good guy to bring in for the double play and earlier than the 7th if needed but he doesn’t have the stuff to pitch the 8th.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader’s first career hit is a double. The kid plays hard and he can run.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What a strange defensive alignment…Gyorko just needs to poke the ball out to left here.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not a great swat by Gyorko, but Bader’s speed scores the run and the Cards win it!!

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Nice win after bullpen chokes again.

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

Woo Hoo!!!

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Is the the return of the Memphis Mafia?

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Bader wins it. Good to see a 9th inning walk off, finally!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve gotta admit…I was as excited about this win as any this year. Guys like Sierra, Dejong and Bader are just fun to watch. Maybe they won’t be stars long term but they (and someone like Pham) play with an edge and the speed is really enjoyable to see on the base paths. Who else scores on that lazy fly ball to right? Good win…I’ve gotten past expecting any type of spring board effect but just gonna enjoy seeing the kids play.

NJ315
    Participant

Good for the new kid on the block scoring the winning run.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

The thing about looking long term and waiting till the end of the season is basically like admitting that they have no problem with playing poorly and then at the end of the season we’ll make some stupid little trade, they’ll play it up, maybe a nobody free agent…then next season we’ll be right back where we are now, with our ceiling being just making the playoffs…we’re only in the race at all now because the other teams in the division aren’t playing too good, if this was last year we’d be like 20 games back…

bccran
    Participant

Could we see an outfield of Bader, O’Neill, and Sierra someday? Or move either Bader or O’Neill to first base to make room for Adolis Garcia, Arozarena, or Mercado?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.