2021 World Series thread

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 World Series thread

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    forsch31
    Participant

Free

PugsleyAddams

Honestly, is there anything better than a 7th game?

The Cardinals winning in 4.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Braves ride very good pitching in a 2-hit shutout, winning 2-0. Sounded like the fans were having a blast.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

After a quick start in game 5 the Braves cannot hold on, and the Series returns to Houston Tuesday. Atlanta had several of their Hall of Famers from those great ’90s teams in the stands, but were not able to close the deal.

‘Stros might actually have the advantage now, but with them playing an elimination game next I will call it about even.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Maybe someone will earn a new moniker over these next two games, “Mr. November”.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Atlanta up 6-0 in the 6th.

Not looking good for Dusty and the Astros.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Braves win and the off-season officially begins!

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Good. Obviously we didn’t have a dog in this fight but I didn’t want to see the Astros take the hardware home.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

I was pulling for the Braves in a big way.
    1. I don’t like the cheaters… the Houston Astros
    2. I can’t stand Rob Manfred…with his racist views and his role in taking away the All-Star game from Atlanta. I loved that he was booed when he awarded the Braves the trophy last night.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Just proves that 88 wins can be enough.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Congratulations are in order for the Braves…. a trophy well earned going through the Brewers, Dodgers and the Astros. Give it up for the choppers.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Reinforcing CIF’s point…

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The Braves shouldn’t be characterized as an 88-win team catching lightning in a bottle and winning it all (and not saying anybody is doing that). They are more a tale of two seasons. They were a sub-500 team at the trade deadline. After what might one of the best group of trade deadline moves ever (complete overhaul of the outfield), the Braves played at a 104-win-season pace the rest of the way.

Gamecard, I enjoyed the middle finger to Manfred too. Seems fitting so much went the Braves’ and their fans’ way after the All Star Game. Freeman seems like an easy guy to like — glad for him as the face of that team for quite a few years now.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

Two reasons why I am glad the Braves won.

1. The Astro’s cheating some years ago.
    2. L. Garcia’s Rocka-Bye-Baby pitching windup.

I know…. sounds stupid…. but JUST PITCH THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Speaking of “Rocka-Bye”…….reminds me of that Atlanta pitching coach from the 90’s who was a rocking back & forth maniac in the Braves dugout…..I think he may have been doing the sunflower spitting thing too in conjunction with his rocking antics…..if memory serves me correct. Want to say his name was Lee Mazilli. What an era for tv baseball that was. Channel 13 with Harry & Steve and channel 31 with Skip.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Leo Mazzone

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s him…..thanks Euro Dandy! Maybe Leo was actually giving signs when rocking back & forth…..never know?

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.