Which prospects will improve most and where will they play

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Which prospects will improve most and where will they play

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think this list be interesting. I am going to throw out 7 (actually 9) prospects that intrigue me and where they will start their minor league season

Angel Rondon – I think he is ready to challenge, or join Oviedo for 6th starter. He should start at Memphis.

Jhon Torres – This is a big year for him. He is already Rule 5 eligible, and needs to play full season ball. It would be a long shot that he starts in Peoria, but much more likely he will be at Palm Beach challenged by the big ballparks.

Trejyn Fletcher – Will see if his contact improves. He has great potential of speed and power. Will likely be next Torres in CF in Palm Beach.

Edwin Nunez _ Will be interesting to see if his other offerings can match his high octane fastball. He likely will begin his career in the GCL, but PAlm Beach may be a long shot.

Pallante/Gragg/Ralston I really can’t separate these draft picks that I think the Cardinals will promote aggressively. Peoria seems their most possible destination.

Patrick Romeri – He may be ready for Palm Beach this year, and with the dearth of outfielders in the system, could be one of the big movers on the prospect list.

Edgar Escobar – He may start the season at Springfield, and could jump tp Memphis if he pitches well.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years