Voting Prospect Awards

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Voting Prospect Awards

This topic contains 39 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Wiley
    Participant

Free

This was obviously the one that no one agreed upon. There were 36 players voted for and only 8 players got 2 votes, however, we must have a winner and the Breakout Player for next season is ……..Jake Woodford.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Avatar Wiley.
    Wiley
    Participant

Free

4. Top prospect acquisition; trades + Rule 5 draft + free agent signings for the 2018 season

Voting is now open for our top 2018 pickup from anywhere other then the draft. List only top 3.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Avatar Wiley.
    Wiley
    Participant

Free

FLOOD VOTES; 1. Malcolm Nunez
    2. Jhon Torres
    3. Connor Capel

Wiley
    Participant

Free

I vote;

1. Malcome Nunez
    2. Jhon Torres
    3. Joerlin De Los Santos

Wiley
    Participant

Free

While we, the Cardinal minor league fans, have deemed Elehuis Montero to be the player to have developed his skills the most in 2018, MLB.com has voted him to be our Breakout Player for 2019. A day late and a dollar short boys! Albeit, if he hits .300 and dings 30+ homers, he will have one upped himself.

Since no one wants to vote for Top Acquisition, let’s just award the honor to Malcolm Nunez as a no-brainer and move on.

5. Most under-rated prospect; who should get more love.

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Flood21 wisely choses as follows;
    1. Fagalde,
    2. Walsh,
    3. Dobzanski,
    4. Prendergast,
    5. Julio Rodriguez

Wiley
    Participant

Free

This is our last round of voting so I select as most under-rated

1. Tommy Edman
    2. Justin Toerner
    3. Jeremy Martinez
    4. Matt Pearce
    5. Freddy De Jesus

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

5. Most under-rated prospect; who should get more love.

1. Tommy Edman
    2. Stanley Espinal
    3. Casey Meisner
    4. Juan Yepez
    5. Jeremy Martinez

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

1. Carlos Solar
    2. I. Diaz
    3. Kevin Herbert
    4. Jeremy Martinez
    5. Hector Mendoza

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Y.Gonzalez
    2. JeMartinez
    3. AnWarner
    4. Nogowski
    5. Walsh
    HM-Herbert

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by Avatar 14NyquisT.
    Wiley
    Participant

Free

5. Most under-rated prospect; who should get more love And the winner is, I’m declaring a tie, with two 1st place votes; Tommy Edman and with 4 votes overall; Jeremy Martinez.

Wiley
    Participant

Free

To RECAP:

1. The C.C ‘I told you’ Top Surprise player Medal of Honour goes to Lane Thomas!
    The Pads ‘my stats’ FS Largest Development player Medallion of Achievement goes to Elehuris Montero!
    The Bob ‘Must’ Reed Trophy of impending greatness for Breakout player goes to Jake Woodford!
    The 14Ny’in’quis’istion’Top prospect acquisition Cup easily goes to Malcolm Nunez!
    The Bw52 ‘I didn’t bomb’ Award for Most under-rated prospect, (Bw52 was the only one to give Lane Thomas any love last year.), goes to 2 players; Tommy Edman and Jeremy Martinez!

Thank you to everyone who did participate, this was a brilliant idea from 14NyqiusT and lots of fun. Let’s do this every year.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar Wiley.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar Wiley.
    14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks for taking the reins Wiley (I had a pretty bad month of November). You did a great job.

You didn’t mention that the “awards” will be presented to the six winners at the 1st Annual TCN Awards Night Gala in Jupiter during the month of March. Sign up now wiley tickets remain available. 🙂

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Well I would have mentioned it Ny, but I didn’t want to steal your thunder. Now all we need to do is effectively persuade Pads, Bob Reed, Bw52 and C.C. to provide the goods for presentation. LOL!!! Not to mention, fly down and present their ware. I’ll leave that to you. 🙂

No need to thank me! Hee! hee!

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I am willing to give your awards greater visibility on the main site – if one or more of the participants are willing to summarize them into article form. No obligation, just an offer.

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years