Tommy Edman

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    GameCard
    Participant

Free

His current OBP is .412 BA .310 he is tied with Bader in SB’s with 4, 2nd in OPS at .946, 2nd in HR’s and hits. He is one of my favorite Cardinals of all time.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Nice to see Edman off to a good start. Solid player – does a lot of things well. Glad we have outfielders now so Tommy can stay where he brings the most value.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I wouldn’t be surprised if Edman is the starting SS by Memorial Day with Gorman at 2B….. I watched the whole game yesterday and DeJong looks awful at the plate.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like your thinking, CardinalFanInChiTown.

14NyquisT
    Participant

DeJong may have lost all of the confidence he gained during ST. He certainly is frustrated after every at-bat…. especially Ks. He needs a shot of vitamin E or some other potion to get his rear in gear. If only he could turn back the clock a couple of years.
    Saying that….. the FO will have him stay in the lineup…. ala Fowler and Carpenter.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I, too, have been excited about Edman since he first turned up. He seems bursting with baseball energy, talent, and he’s so young. He’ll only get better as he matures. Rah Edman!

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Edman makes the Cardinals go. He is a fast, SW-hitting, young player that can multiple positions with good defense and now that his OBP is great there are no holes in his game.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tommy E. is the type of guy you win championships with. The heart of a David Eckstein, but with far more on field production. There’s not a team in baseball who wouldn’t start this fellow.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Here, here for this thread! Tommy is turn into the straw for this team. Quiet, plays hard, elite defense, surprising pop, blazing speed. Tommy is impossible to not root for.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In previous seasons Edman had an averaged BB% of 5.5%, this season he’s at 11.6%, with mlb average this season of 8.9%

He also brought a .308 career BAbip into this season and currently sits at .326, so no, he hasn’t been extremely “lucky” on batted balls in play.
    +.18 is not significantly high.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

* +.018 *

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

When I think of Edman I think gamer. He’s pretty much the definition. I still think his long term position is as a play anywhere Super utility guy.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If this is the true Tommy Edman going forward, then we have a star. I suspect he will regress a little but still have a lot of value as a SS/super utility player. I’m glad he’s a Cardinal.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I really wish they’d start giving him some reps at SS. It doesn’t look like the team has any urgency in moving Edman to SS.

14NyquisT
    Participant

There are a couple of longtime Edman naysayers here. I wonder when they will be posting on this topic.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Gorman keeps piling up HR’s at Memphis he is going to force the Cardinals hand and they will have some decisions to make. It will be difficult to have room for DeJong, Sosa, Edman, Donovan, and Gorman on the same roster. Since the Cardinals usually choose the path of least resistance I sense someone is about to have an injury.

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

Kansas City Royals shortstop Adalberto Mondesi has suffered a torn ACL in his left knee, team president Dayton Moore announced on Thursday. Maybe a nice cross state trip for DeJong could answer a lot of questions for both our team and theirs.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PDJ might just fit like a glove with that K.C. squad, ShakenBake. The club is only on the financial hook with him this year, plus his guaranteed 9MM next year. If the Royals would simply inherit his full contact, I would call it even-Steven, with nothing coming back to St. Louis, except a much needed loosening up of the logjam. Seems like a win-win to me. As we know, sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes to rejuvenate a fledgling career. It could work out well for K.C.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Mo’s analytics computer says PDJ should be playing, it needs to go out the window. (With a few of Mo’s wonks tied to it) That said, there are a few things I would not write in ink just yet. 1) Edman can be an everyday MLB shortstop. 2) Gorman can be an everyday MLB second baseman. 3) Gorman will not be defeated by today’s defensive and pitching tactics at MLB level, as other LH power bats have been.

My guess is Mo is trying to offload PDJ somehow, rather than option him to Memphis. Then we will see Gorman and find out who can do what.

I’m not sure what Donovan is doing here. Not that he is undeserving, but I mean from a roster construction viewpoint. Unless they want to look at him some more before pulling the trigger on whatever Mo has up his sleeve.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Gorman is hitting bombs and his slash line looks good, but his 35% K rate is scary.
    I don’t know what to do with DeJong at this point, I’ve tried to be a believer in him but it’s at the point the best option appears to be Edman at SS and Sosa and Donovan splitting 2B until Gorman is ready and gets the call.
    I don’t see DeJong fitting in KC that easily even with the Mondesi injury. They already had 3 SS in the IF with Witt at 3B and Lopez at 2B. Not saying he couldn’t fit, but some shuffling could be done on their part too.
    Edit: looking I see KC has put Lopez at SS and Merrifield (who’s struggling badly) back at 2B the last few games. Which if I was KC makes way more sense than adding DeJong.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Maybe DeJong fits in Cleveland or moves to 3B in Detroit, because they signed Baez to be the SS, but Baez could move too.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman is hitting bombs and his slash line looks good, but his 35% K rate is scary.

It’s early season, it’s little more manageable since his cold first few games and he’s obviously hammering the ball. So in the small sample, I’m not too concerned. Guys who are crushing homers can get a little swing happy, but you can live with it when you’re getting extra base hits. I’m more encouraged by his low K rate in Memphis last year than discouraged by the high K rate this year.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bling I doubt the analytical computer is endorsing PDJ. My guess is the FO is hoping he will raise his trade value so the scenarios above can play out much easier.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Send DeJong anywhere with the proverbial “future considerations” as the return compensation. As Pugs said, clearing the logjam and getting things ready for Mr. Gorman will be a decent return in itself.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Send DeJong anywhere

Anywhere with money to burn.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.