Things Cardinal haters say

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Things Cardinal haters say

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 858booyah 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Along the lines of Brians article on psychological explanation of fandom, I have witnessed many Cardinal haters in my life. I have a couple statements told in my presence, or to me directly, I will not ever forget. I did not reply, or repond, as none was needed.

1) I WOULD NOT TAKE ALBERT PUJOLS ON MY TEAM.

2) Trevor ROSENTHAL IS TERRIBLE.

While my fellow Cards fans are far from perfect, I believe they are more likely to be more reasonable than this. The quote about Albert is insane, and without any logic. This was said to me in Alberts prime.

On occasions, I might agree the Rosenthal statement, but overall his career has been pretty darn good. IN fact I think he underachieved with the stuff he has/had. Again, Trevor is no Hall of Famer, but terrible, come on??

Anyone want to share more of their encounters?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Avatar Cardinals27.
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Here is the link to the article C27 mentioned. I had initially put it on the Rumors thread, but in hindsight, the discussion fits better here in its own thread.

As C27 touched on, behavior can be at both extremes – positive and negative. My personal experience is that data or fact-driven arguments usually place the discussion somewhere in the vast middle, whereas extremes are often emotionally-driven and highly opinionated.

View at Medium.com

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Here is another article on the same general theme – with the focus on respecting others’ opinions.

On Caring for One Another

858booyah
    Participant

Free

“They get a Competitive Balance pick” is always my favorite. I actually snicker out loud when I read those on line.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years