The time for change is now – Gorman and Liberatore up

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum The time for change is now – Gorman and Liberatore up

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Holy cow. Obviously there will be players going the other way. And a defensive shuffle involving Edman.

1982 willie
    Participant

So I’m assuming edman will be at short. He could play left though I don’t feel edman is good in the outfield. Yepez in left maybe like today though he’s iffy as well. We will see how it is works out. Our relief pitching is as much a issue in my opinion. We scored 6 to uns today, should win you most ball games.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1982 willie
    Participant

Yea wondering who goes. Donovan has been doing good, don’t see yepez going. Maybe O’Neil. I don’t know. Seems like a lot of panicking. It’s not like we are losing to scrub teams. Plus as long as they have Albert as a coach, I’m not sure it matters.

1982 willie
    Participant

Is liberatore doing that good in the minors. I’ll take him over Hicks right now. Though I still think Woodford should be up here

1982 willie
    Participant

At least it’s the game I’ll be able to watch.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the 40 man is full, so two slots need to be opened up.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well we can send McFarland out, that would clear up a space.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

O’Niell to DL with “shoulder impingement”

1982 willie
    Participant

That’s handy

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Can they call up the Memphis manager and put Marmol on the Disabled List for brain freeze?

The team could use a shakeup, but really they just need to put the best players on the roster, and use the roster in an intelligent fashion. In other words bring back Woodford and keep him stretched out, pitching multiple innings in meaningful situations; send Hicks down to be a starter in AAA and improve his stamina/skillset; stop letting Albert Pujols face more righties than lefties; and don’t play guys at positions that are significantly beyond their defensive capabilities — no Donovan at shortstop and no Yepez in the outfield.

You are welcome. 😉

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I thought maybe they’d go Wainwright route and have Liberatore work as another LH in the pen. But if he’s starting then you’d think Hicks is moving back to the pen. But 2 40 man spots are going to needed opened up. I’d think it’s going to be something like
    Edman SS (S)
    Donovan 2B (L)
    Goldschmidt 1B (R)
    Arenado 3B (R)
    Yepez LF (R)
    Gorman DH (L)
    Carlson RF (S)
    Molina/Knizner C (R)
    Bader CF (R)
    Sosa, Pujols, Dickerson, Knizner/Molina
    Vs LHP
    Edman SS
    Goldschmidt 1B
    Arenado 3B
    Yepez LF
    Pujols DH
    Carlson RF
    Bader CF
    C
    Sosa 2B

They could leave Edman at 2B, but if they are making the move might as well go ahead and move him to SS and give Gorman some time at 2B in my opinion.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

I guess they saw all they needed from PDJ in the minors. They’ve made so many bad decisions in the past, it takes Mo forever to make decisions. He has to play everything out so he can’t be blamed for anything by the media. It seems like it would be easier if DeWitt would just hire someone better qualified to run his business.

The bullpen hasn’t been good since the 80s in my opinion, so it’s easy to select 1 or 2 from there to go down.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Could they be thinking to DFA DeJong to open a 40 man spot? If someone claims him then thank you, most likely wouldn’t and he’s in the same spot.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

They still need to make a 40 man move. Honestly it could be anyone at this point. You could even put a couple guys on the current roster on that list.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Matz should have thrown Tuesday and Saturday, but he and Mikolas both threw in the Wednesday double-header.

So we don’t have a regular rest SP’r for Saturday and Libby gets the call up.

Now we can make our own evaluation of Gormans 2B D.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The dream move: cut PDJ and promote Walker to AAA.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

My letter and prayers were answered. No more, hopefully, waste of time starts for Hicks. Its Liberatore time.

I also like the move for the young man Gorman. He’s ready as well.

This is a good day!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill to the IL opens a slot on the active roster for Gorman, but he still needs a slot on the 40 man. And then something will have to happen when O’Neill comes off the IL.

Before Liberatore’s start he will need a slot on both the active and 40 man rosters.

So the worm will be turning.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

MLBTR reports Flaherty to the 60day, so there’s one 40man spot.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll guess Zeuch gets DFA’d for the other 40man spot and Naughton demoted.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Very likely with Zeuch. He’s been lit up this year, hasn’t even thrown in awhile, and AAA has about 18 pitchers on the roster.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Even though he’s been absolutely terrible this year, I feel bad for O’Neill, as he was reportedly right on the verge of signing that lucrative extension coming out of spring training……and now this. This series in Pittsburgh, with the poor opposition and light crowds, is a nice comforting way for breaking Gorman and Libby in. Gorman will probably go 2-20 to start his ML career, but then start bopping the dingers. Even though Libby has had his struggles, I have a gut feeling that he’s going to pitch a dandy this Sunday. The Cardinal brass has to be bullish with their ’22 call-ups thus far, with the stellar play of Pez and Donovan. Gorman and Libby……and others may be on the way. We must of been one of the older teams on paper coming into this year. April of 2023 should be considerably different for our Redbirds.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m glad to see the two youngsters getting a chance. As childhood friends, it’s probably gonna be a dream come true!

I’m not expecting fireworks from either…in fact, I suspect both struggle a little bit but the time here will be worth it. They are two guys we need to be solid to stars for the next 6 years.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.