The Cardinal Nation’s Team Recaps and Top Players of 2019

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum The Cardinal Nation’s Team Recaps and Top Players of 2019

This topic contains 84 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 5 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good choice on Wong. I’d love to see him put up a complete season next year. If he’s able to keep getting on base at the clip he has, he’d be an excellent leadoff batter…although he has struggled in that spot at times.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is a great selection. Wong was clearly our best player all year. He has really blossomed into the player we thought he could be and is under team control for two more years.

The fact that DeJong is the runner up is a real indictment on this team. I hate to constantly pick on DeJong but I just don’t view him as highly as others. He is a steady defender but his offense reminds me too much of Tyler O’Neill. In his defense I don’t think Shildt did him any favors by riding him so hard. He needs more time off then maybe his production would be more consistent.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Avatar gscottar.
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Pugs will especially like this one.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice to see Edmunda Sosa doing well. It would sure be nice if he could have a good spring and make the team. I don’t remember when we had a really dependable shortstop to back up our starting shortstop. Also, according to a comment made by MO, the front office thinks Dejong’s hitting declined through the season because he was getting worn out. Sosa could be the answer for that since Shildt could rest Dejong without hurting the middle infield defense.

Elehuris Montero will fun to watch next spring if he keeps hitting.

Thanks for the report.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years