The 2019 Season Boils Down To This

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum The 2019 Season Boils Down To This

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well, here we are. Zero hour has arrived.

Anybody have any last minute thoughts before heading into combat tonight?

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

Don’t let their offense explode. Keep the games close and get into their bullpen. I like our bullpen better than theirs. But our offense will have to step up at some point. 2-1 probably isn’t going to cut it.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

As I stated, the 2019 season boiled down to this series.

Didn’t it?

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You bet, Rats. Talk about a statement series. Cubs fans seem to be accepting the end of their reign and I’ve seen a lot of them resigned to seeing the Cards play well into the playoffs, maybe even to the Series. From their lips to God’s ears. Haha

Participant

We’re still on a good perch right now but we may have to depend on the Reds and/or the Rox to bail us out. Last night’s loss with MIL winning could be the critical games of the season if the Brewers win out on the road.

Participant
    RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Now that its going to be 2020 in a very short while I was thinking about this thread and the Cubs series where we won four straight late in the season.

HOW ON EARTH DID WE EVER MANAGE TO DO THAT?????

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Free

Yes, that was the high point of the season wasn’t it! More so than the playoffs.

Let’s hope for an even better 2020.

I’m opening the year with duck paté de foie gras, a roasted guinea hen with gratin dauphinois (a sort of scalloped potatoes loaded with butter, garlic and cream), baby carrots, and finishing with wifey’s wondrous lemon pie. Mmmmmm.

Rats: might I suggest you open the year by losing the ice cream bars pix and returning your charming dog?

Happy New year.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Mission accomplished CIF. Pic is from Day One with Whitey Herdog!

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet sweet suggestion to Rat, CardinalinFrance! And even sweeter than than your simply marvelous proposal to The Esteemed One, is what you and the lovely Mrs. CardinalinFrance are rustling up for din din this evening…duck pate de froi gracias….roasted over an open fire New Guinea hen con gratin daughinois….are you kidding me! Truly a meal fit for a king. Other than being treated to a 84 yard Rodgers to Adams td strike, I could not think of a better way to usher in a new decade. Instead of replacing Rat’s ice cream delicacy with a pic of his pooch, the incomparable Whitey Herdog, how about we get twice the bang for our buck with a shot of them both? YHer( that’s “Whitey Herdog” to the layman ) with a Klondike bar protruding from her mouth. Go Birds!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Now that its going to be 2020 in a very short while I was thinking about this thread and the Cubs series where we won four straight late in the season.

HOW ON EARTH DID WE EVER MANAGE TO DO THAT?????

I still shake my head about it Rat. It was one of the most glorious series I can remember in recent memory. Not only did we win all four games but every game was a nail biter with us issuing a last minute dagger each time to seal the Cubbies fate. To me that series is going to rank up there with the Freese game in 2011 and the Jack the Ripper homer in 1985 against the Dodgers.

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years