StL 2024 Game #123 thread – Saturday, August 17 vs. Dodgers

Home › The Cardinal Nation Forums › Open Forum › StL 2024 Game #123 thread – Saturday, August 17 vs. Dodgers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #264644
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    I just saw a commercial with Griffey Jr in it. My son and I were there this day. He was my sons favorite player.

    https://baseballhall.org/discover/Griffey-Jr.-hits-500th-home-run-on-Father%27s-Day

    #264645
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

    Both pitchers escape a crooked number in the first.
    Tied 1-1

    #264646
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    1-1 after 1. I wonder if a game has ever gone as many as say three innings where it was 1-1 after 1, 2-2 after 2, and 3-3 after 3?

    #264647
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    I’m reasonably sure it’s happened. It wouldn’t surprise me too much if the same sequence of numbers contunued for up to 9 innings or more of play.

    #264648
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

    Andre could use a DP (this month)

    #264649
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

    Free

    Keep, I remember that game! The reason is I lost a pal who I bet 10 bucks that we would beat Philly. I was in montana so I could’nt watch it. Neither he or I knew who was starting.

    After work we went to his house to watch highlights. When he saw it was Stuper who of course pitched a gem he was furious asserting that I KNEW he was the starter! He would never give me any action after that

    Bike, I found that Card Fan site and can’t wait to check it out later

    #264650
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

    Both have a WHIP of 2.000
    Not exactly a pitching duel.

    #264651
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    “I’m reasonably sure it’s happened. It wouldn’t surprise me too much if the same sequence of numbers contunued for up to 9 innings or more of play.”

    I don’t think it could have gone too long 1TD. You look at the odds of scoring one run in an inning, and then have both teams do that and then inning after inning and it gets infintessimally small as you get past just a few innings.

    Not only do you have to score exactly one run each inning, but it has to be in the first inning, then the second, third, etc. For both teams to do that after a couple of innings you are looking at extremely small odds – even less probable than the 2024 Cardinals winning the World Series. 🙂

    With the thousands of games played, it has certainly happened after one inning quite a lot, and some after two. Once you get to about four innings I doubt it has ever occured.

    #264652
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

    Good inning for Andre. K’s look good. Maybe he can settle in.

    #264655
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I see Burly has factored in on all the runs. He is rounding into that kind of player. A couple years ago Noot looked like he was going to be like that. Not stand out skills, but always in the thick of it whenever something good is happening. It didn’t pan out for him though.

    #264656
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    What I just learned on the FOX telecast: “The league batting average on pitches that are swung at and missed is .000.”

    #264657
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Good news! The Cardinals offense is league average at something.

    #264658
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    SABR has a research article about the two teams in history that scored in every inning. One of them was the Cardinals (not this year!). It ends with the probabilities for it to happen again.

    http://research.sabr.org/journals/scoring-every-inning

    #264659
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Yeah, I’d say that would be stretching out the odds, Bikemike. But I’ll bet there’s been at least one game that’s been tied 9-9 in the 9th…Haha!

    #264661
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

    Free

    These Fox guys just won’t STFU! Non stop babble. It’s a TV game and we can SEE the action

    I gotta mute this crap!

    OH! ‘Tani!!!

    #264662
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    It’s a very rare occasion that I ever disengage the mute lever when watching a baseball game. It doesn’t matter the network anymore. I can no longer withstand the unrelenting drivel.

    #264663
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    FWIW, Waino is the color man (analyst) tonight. (Whoever the PBP man is, he is who made the comment I about the .000 average posted just above.)

    #264664
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

    Burly has some Muncy in his swing tonight. That HR w/the bent knee….

    #264665
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

    Andre already pitching to their lineup a 3rd time.

    #264666
    KeepComingBack
    Participant

    I dont have to mute the tv. But i do turn the closed captions off!🤪

    #264667
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    This is not good news, IMO.

    #264668
    858booyah
    Participant

    Free

    I wish Waino did more of our games.

    Let’s see if bring Andre out for the 7th hurts us.

    #264669
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I took a glance at Winn’s splits page and his BA for the last 28 days is .245, 30 points off his season avg. I wonder if they have him trying something a little different which also accounts for the power surge.

    #264670
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

    If Andre gets bumped from the rotation, I will be forming a posse.

    There’s the DP.

    #264671
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    HPU burned Pallante on the 2-2 pitch to run it full, but he gets the GIDP on the 3-2.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years