StL 2019 Game 94 thread: Tue 7/16 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 94 thread: Tue 7/16 vs. Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

Manager of the year he ain’t.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Bader terrible at bat. Situational hitting is a total fail with him. Weiters should hit it to the outfield too, that was not s good AB either.

Participant

Free

Did I hear right that bader was 1-14 with a runner at 3rd and less than 2 outs…was 1/2 listening so may have missed it (would be 1-15 now I guess)

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, the Pirates didn’t miss their chance to score. Carlos with a shaky outing tonight.

Participant

Paid - Annual

What an ugly game this has turned out to be. Just brutal.

Participant

Free

Defense and pitching kind of fell apart. Wong tried to make a sensational double play and gets nothing on the transfer but a bobble. The DeJong has trouble getting out of the glove on the DP attempt and Wong throws a low laser and Goldschmidt can’t come up with it. 3-1

Oh and it all started on a 1-2 1 out HBP.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

And after the terrible ABs by Bader and Wieters to waste the great scoring opportunity, the Cards kinda give it away in the top of the 9th. Those two half innings looked like the May version Cards.

Participant

Free

Failure to score with a runner on third and nobody out is a downer, sucks the emotion out of a team. Do something to score a run, anything.

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

The April version of the Cardinal was the fluke. This is the 2019 Cardinals. It’s sad to watch but the reality is there.
    We may win a few games here and there but we don’t have the team nor leadership to push us thru. I feel 85-88 wins the central and I don’t see them being over. 500 to end the season

Participant

Free

Angering loss. Two fine Flaherty starts without help. That runner left on third grates on me and has all season.

Participant

Free

Hey I saw all the K’s by the Cardinals tonight! lol

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

It’s going to be a long summer. Only good thing is Cubs and Brewers aren’t exactly tearing up the division either. But getting harder to stay optimistic.

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

I know we are all loyal fans in here and as loyal fans, were always looking for that one thing, one game, one start where we say that is it but there’s to much inconsistency and no leadership amongst this team.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I for one think its refreshing how the Cardinals are never prepared to face a fresh faced starting pitcher. Its almost as if the analytics and scouting departments throw their hands up and shrug their shoulders when facing these guys.

Participant

Free

Greyghost, you heard correctly about Bader. Time for him to ride the Memphis shuttle.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, and it’s a shame. You have to love Bader’s spirit, but there has to be consequences for regression. It sure looked like that kid was going to be a hitter. Much much too early to totally give up on him though….and I didn’t see anyone insinuating that. I’d hate to see the cubbies get their mitts on him and then regretting it for the next 12 years and beyond.

ZTRZTR
    Participant

Free

We went from 1987 to 2004 between World Series appearances and from 1968 to 1982 although the split season in 1981 screwed us.

Still the mediocrity year after year is beginning to have that lost in the baseball wilderness feel to it…

Participant

Free

PRob not the best night to bash on Bader you know since he was on base 2 out of 3 times tonight……and scored the only run after a hustle double…plus plays GG defense, but hey put a garbage OF out there who can’t play defense and really doesn’t hit that much better…

Participant

Free

If he pinch hits For Bader, even a double play gets a run in. When is this guy going back to managerial school?

Participant

Paid - Annual

gsc saw this one coming a mile away. It is a habit for the Cards.

Uh oh. Young, no name pitcher alert!

I don’t know much about Mr. Agrazal but he is the kind of pitcher that usually gives the Cardinals fits. I hope it isn’t one of those frustrating nights like we had against Yamamoto.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Unfortunately Ny this is an all too familiar story of losing to no name pitchers. Not just losing but completely befuddled.

We may come back and win today but the bottom line is playoff teams don’t lose games like we lost last night.

Participant

Free

If they are not going to pinch hit for Bader in situation like last night, then they should insert him in the 9th spot in the batting order, with the pitcher 8th.

Participant

Free

Gotta get that runner on 3rd in. Getting good pitchin. Why do we keep losing to minor league pitchers? Are we taking these other guys seriously just because they aren’t major leaguers? Go Cardinals!

Participant

Free

Look at the box score……. O frs everywhere. Lord what is going on with Goldy? He left his career in Arizona. Team is unwatchable.

Participant

Free

Agrazal is another pitcher where his MLB stats are exceeded expectations when looking at his minor league stats.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years