StL 2019 Game 94 thread: Tue 7/16 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 94 thread: Tue 7/16 vs. Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m. RHP Jack Flaherty (4-6, 4.64) vs. RHP Dario Agrazal (2-0, 2.81) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX // WIJR

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals are currently tied for a wild card spot.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We really need Flaherty to build off his last good start before the break. He certainly has the stuff to be better than this…he just needs to stop missing his spots in places where batters hammer ’em over the wall.

ZTRZTR
    Participant

Free

Hopefully, this is the beginning of ‘the hot streak’ that will put this team over the hump.

We shall see.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I don’t understand why the Cubs traded for Maldonado. Caratini seems to be an ample backup. Unless Contreras is going to be out for an extended period of time. Plus they gave away the World Series hero, the winning pitcher that brought it home after 108 years.

Sometimes I wonder what goes through peoples minds.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who is meeting his basketball coaching buddy at the Amish restaurant this afternoon

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m guessing they must know more than we do on Contreras. Maldonado is fairly cheap insurance, as Montgomery has been pretty bad this year. He’s walked nearly as many as he’s struck out and I know you love the metrics but his ERA and FIP are both well over 5 (his FIP over 6!).

Participant

Paid - Annual

Uh oh. Young, no name pitcher alert!

I don’t know much about Mr. Agrazal but he is the kind of pitcher that usually gives the Cardinals fits. I hope it isn’t one of those frustrating nights like we had against Yamamoto.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Why is Knizner even on the 25-man roster? So the FO and coaching staff can ruin him like they did Carson Kelly and then trade him away while giving Yadi and Wieters contract extensions? He’s played in 3 games and tonight will be his 15th game on the 25-man roster. What’s the purpose of having him on the team only to ride the bench? Makes absolutely zero sense. Even when he was in Memphis he was basically time-sharing with Joe Hudson, which also made zero sense.

Participant

Free

Participant

Free

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Why is Bader in the starting lineup? He’s barely a .200 hitter. Wouldn’t we be better off with that goofball Jose Martinez in RF and Fowler in CF? At least until the late innings when Bader can then enter as a defensive replacement.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Free

well ratsbuddy, an error can cost you a game in the early innings just as well as later. but they have been rotating guys through the lineup quite regularly so I don’t find it a big deal. plus Martinez has been feast or famine at times. but im the kind of person that will always lean to defense wo theres that.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

At the ballpark tonight rooting on our Cards. I like Edman in leadoff and O’Neill in the 4-spot the way he’s been hitting. Agrazal rookie pitcher has played in 3 games, 16 IPs, 1.31WHIP. We need to welcome this guy to the big leagues with a flurry of hits to left field and let Dickerson continue his stellar fielding out there. Weather has moved out for now, nice night for another W!

Participant

Free

Rat – cause there is no other CF on this team

Participant

Paid - Annual

Love this lineup with 4 burners (Bader, Edman, O’Neil and Wong) occupying it. I put then in descending order of who I thought was fastest. I’d love to have 50 yard dashes with this group. In Round 1, I would have Bader vs Wong and Edman vs O’Neil. Then the winners would meet to see who was the fleetest Cardinal. Well hopefully these 4 will run circles (or squares as it is) around these Pirates this evening. This Agrazal fellow does worry me, as all raw Cardinal opposing hurlers do. His name is an oddity of sorts in that spelled backwards (“Lazarga”), his name rolls off the tongue much smoother.

Basketball coach, Indiana, RatsBuddy and Amish restaurant? Has all the makings of “Hoosiers” Part II. I can see it now….. Coach Norman Dale rolls into town in a 540i, where his first stop isn’t at the local high school, but rather the local Amish restaurant. His order of 2 cheeseburgers, 2 tacos, fries, bowl of chilli, banana cream pie and Mr. Dew, catches the attention of the middle aged, balding, slightly overweight, gentleman, wearing a St. Louis Cardinals baseball hat and Dubois County Bombers jersey, seated at the stool right next to him, who we’ll call E. R. It doesn’t take more than a few minutes for Coach Dale and E. R. to become fast friends as they both munch on identical meals. Soon thereafter, the scene shifts to 2 foot long Palma Real cigars smoldering in empty chili bowls, as both gentlemen are given the heave-ho from the premises for not observing the Amish restaurant’s strict no smoking policy. But, as the pretty young Amish waitress is ushering Coach Dale and E. R. out, they cross paths with the young 7 foot (H.S. frosh) busboy, who we’ll call J.J.( Jimmy Jr. ), who is not doing his work, but instead is firing these wadded up wet napkins into the trash can from about 15 feet out with perfect precision…..time and time again J. J. dips the napkins into the water glass, wads them into a nice round ball and then flings high arching jump shots smack dab into the center of the trash receptacle. The men stop dead in their tracks…..E. R. offers a sly wink to coach Dale and then both high 5 each other with tremendous gusto…….ok ok that’s enough, but as you can see, this does have possibilities.

Participant

Paid - Annual

So Marte got hit by the pitch and refused to take first base?? I have never seen that before.

Participant

Free

Didn’t know you could do that?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Dickerson in LF makes JMart look like a gold glover. He is terrible.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Why is our pitcher trying to steal third? This is the same guy who once got picked off to end a game. Good grief.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Flaherty has had an awful year on the bases. That’s three blunders that I recall. This one brought back memories of Bourjos. How many bases did that guy steal, but ended up being called out because he couldn’t execute a fundamental slide? He couldn’t maintain the bag just like Flaherty couldn’t on the steal attempt tonight.

Participant

Free

Miller warming up. This will be it for Flaherty if he gets through this inning. Need to wake up our bats. Where’s the muscle memory from last night??

Participant

Free

Gallegos warming up now too.

Participant

Free

Dickerson can’t pull it down! 3-bagger for Fowler w/no outs. Should be an easy run to get in.

Participant

Paid - Annual

First and third no outs and we don’t score. That hurts.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, has there been a worse “runner on third, less than 2 outs” hitter than Harrison Bader? 1 for 15 in that situation. Where he messed up this time was taking that 2-1 pitch right down the middle. Gotta be aggressive in the strike zone young man.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years