StL 2019 Game 89 thread: Sun 7/7 at Giants

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 89 thread: Sun 7/7 at Giants

This topic contains 47 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Avatar BrockLou 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Last game prior to the All-Star Break.
    3:05 p.m. RHP Jack Flaherty (4-5, 4.90) vs. RHP Jeff Samardzija (5-7, 4.32) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Hope the Cards enjoy the AS break as they will play 20 games in 21 days following the break with the one off day coming on day 18. But at least they will be home for 12 of those 20 games . Fourteen will be against NLC opponents – all except the Brewers. GO CARDS

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

That was ugly last night. Not sure what happened to O’Neill on that high fly – just lost it in the sky I guess.

Would love to take the series and have some momentum going into the break. But to do that Flaherty needs to be better. He seems to have good stuff, without good results. Still you gotta run him out there. Both he and Hudson look to me like they will be top of the rotation starters in a couple of years – they need the reps and experience so we have to put up with the ups and downs now, before they become more consistent.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<

That was ugly last night. Not sure what happened to O’Neill on that high fly – just lost it in the sky I guess. >

He fessed up that he thought he heard Dex call for it but admitted he had a line on it and backed off for Dex. Dex never called it. It happens.

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Giants radio announcers thought O’Neill might have lost it in the sky due to the conditions at that time of day. Obviously, O’Neill didn’t.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Yeah, watching O’Neill he did seem to hesitate like thought maybe Dex was going to take over. Fowler was running over as sort of a backup on the play, and Ty just got messed up thinking he was calling for it.

You’re right – that stuff happens. Just weird to see it in “the big leagues” as McCarver says.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Good synopsis Minuteman.I think we got 9 hits last night and were in the game. Keep em coming and good things will happen. A few muffs but thats baseball. Mikolas no walks! Those walks always seem to end up scoring. Just cannot throw a pitch at center of plate with bases loaded ever. Congrats to Goldschmidt! Lookin good for All Star Break too! Oh, oh right hand pitching today?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Really starting to worry about The Esteemed One, as he always chimes in about watching “The Streets of San Francisco” in conjunction with our Birds playing in Frisco. Let us pray he hasn’t done a Fred Sanford and had “the big one. Too bad we came up short last night so CardsInTheSouthOfFrance would have been inclined to share his exotic dinner details with us. This is a must win…..we cannot continue losing series’ to poor ballclubs…..unless we are one ourself.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs,
    I’ve been trying to post but I keep getting that error message that I cant post at this time. Not sure if this will make it through or not.

And speaking of The Streets Of San Francisco, I always notice the “Ghiradeli’s” sign down in the LF corner in San Francisco. Always reminds me of Karl Malden and Michael Douglas.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

On the lunch menu today is a center cut rib chop in the Air Fryer. Some mashed potatoes, gravy, bar-b-q chips, a piece of chocolate cake and a Klondike ice cream bar along with some 7-Up.

Hoping Fletcher finally gives us a good outing so we don’t lose another game going into the ASB. And just remember, this will be our last game in San Francisco where Bruce Bochy will be managing the Giants.

r/Esteemed Rat

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I can’t top that Rat. I have two fried egg sandwiches on toast with mayo, a handful of chips, a banana, and a large glass of diet mountain dew. Nothing fancy but it will get the job done.

The more I think about our boy Tommy Edman I think he could be our version of Ben Zobrist. He can hit, play all over the field, a switch hitter, and seems to come through in the clutch. And he makes the league minimum. I think he is a keeper.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whew! I think I echo every poster’s sentiments in exhaling a big sigh of relief in finding Rat in good health. We just may have to put the Esteemed Rat on a vegan diet so we don’t worry so when he goes MIA (Missing In Action) for a day.

Sometimes the best lunches are the most simplistic….well done, Scotty! If you relish that fried egg sandwich, then try this classic…..poach 3 eggs (fairly soft) and carefully put them atop 2 pieces of buttered white toast. Then, while the eggs are still hot, drizzle some butter over those eggs. Put some salt & pepper on them and prepare for a dandy of a feast!

This Edman kid really appears to be a true blue chipper. I want both Edman and Bader in the same lineup. Imagine Wong and O’Neill mingled in with them as well……now that’s some team speed!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Munoz with a nifty play at 3rd! I’m just joining the action with 1 out in the Giant 3rd in a scoreless ballgame. This has to be a typo….Flaherty with only 20 pitches thru 2….no way. And Jack makes very quick work of SF in the 3rd. No runs no hits no errors and from an offensive minded fan’s standpoint, no excitement yet. Double no-no anybody?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Sorry I’m late for the game (3rd inning). I was too busy digesting my piece of filet beef, rubbed vigorously with crushed peppercorns and a bit of salt and slathered with a mustard sauce, accompanied by new potatoes sautéed in butter and fresh snap beans with a sprinkling of onions cooked al denté. I washed it all down with a couple glasses of Gigondas and finished with some raspberries drizzled with cream. Burp.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sounds good CIF. You are living well across the pond.

Through four innings both pitchers have a no hitter going.

Let’s get some runs!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty only 40 pitches thru 4…..still hasn’t yielded a hit. This game is moving along faster than RatsBuddy’s new 540i on the straightaway, as SamJa hasn’t surrendered a hit either.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cubs just lost and the Brewers are currently losing. Today would be a good day to get a win.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You most definitely need to get your own cooking tv show, CardinalinFrance! You’d put Rachael Ray to shame…..Munoz with a 2 out base knock in the 5th to put an end to SamJa’s no-no aspirations. Then he promptly swipes 2nd….this guy can do it all!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty walks Dickerson to commence the Giant 5th and that spells T R O U B L E!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Are we witnessing the new Jack Flaherty right before our very eyes? That leadoff walk was water off Jack’s back as ur doesn’t faze him in the least. He’s usually over 90 pitches thru 5. Today, under 60……and still no hits allowed. Can our offense muster that one run that Jack needs for victory?????

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Uh-oh. Flaherty doubles. Every time we have a pitcher get on base, it seems to tire them out. They get bombed in the next inning.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty has and does supply his own offense by doubling to left center with 1 out in the Cardinal 6th. Let’s stay with the action shall we?

Edman – sends Dickerson back to the wall in left.. the kid just missed that one! Flaherty smartly advances to 3rd, helping Edman’s BA a bit.

Jose – Grounds out to short to extinguish the Cardinal 6th inning offensive hopes and desires. We are still mired in a scoreless ballgame.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I love it when the pitcher hits a double – our pitcher that is.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thru 6 frames with only 2 hits in the entire game. The good news? The Cards own both hits. The bad news? They haved done absolutely nothing with them.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Wow, some dandy catches!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years