StL 2019 Game 70 thread: Sat 6/15 at Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 70 thread: Sat 6/15 at Mets

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:10 p.m. RHP Michael Wacha (4-2, 5.91) vs. RHP Noah Syndergaard (4-4, 4.45) Fox Sports Midwest // KMOX

David
    Participant

Free

Tonight’s game will be all about what pitcher shows up for both teams will it be the Wacha that pitched on Monday against the Marlins or will it be the Wacha that sent him to the pen and for the Mets although Noah Syndergaard has not been typical Noah for this year we all know what he’s capable of and saying that I feel if the Cardinals are going to win, it will be coming in the later innings and the bullpen for each side will play a big part.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Did we not send Thor to the showers early the last time we saw him in Busch? Time to continue that trend.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs have now lost 4 of 5 on their western trip. Rockies beat them 2 of 3 and now the Doyers have beat them the first two games. Plus the Brewers lost to the Giants last night 5-3 with a big blow by Yaz the main reason why.

Oh, and venerable C.B. Bucknor was behind Homeplate for the Cubs/Dodgers game last night. And once again he simply wasn’t very good.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who was informed this morning the ETA on his new 2019 BMW 540i is next Friday the 21st.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The “Doyers”, Esteemed Rat??? And good luck with getting your 540i by next friday…..I think we’re looking more at a timeline of about 2-3 weeks out. What’s for din-din for tonight’s Cards-Mets grudge match, Rat?

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

What umpire crew would you cringe at seeing if you were in the World Series. How about this one.
    C.B. Bucknor
    Angel Hernandez
    Joe West
    (Put your favorite in this spot)

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Not letting me post my response again. Maybe this will post?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Donald Anton Denkinger….or any offspring thereof, Minuteman3.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Quite possibly your absolute best post ever, Rat!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

MM3, no doubt it would be Frank Drebin if he were still alive. Ted Barrett and Kerwin Danley are also very cringeworthy.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<Donald Anton Denkinger….or any offspring thereof, Minuteman3.>
    </Ted Barrett and Kerwin Danley are also very cringeworthy>

Denkinger yes but I think he may have assumed room temperature by now. Barrett I have always pictured as what a good umpire should look like but he has disappointed me on occasion. Danley has his ups and downs and most of the downs are at the plate. Jerry Meals needs to be nominated for the most boneheaded play of the century or was that Jim Joyce who took away a perfect game (or was it just a no hitter) and then admitted as much. Otherwise, I think Jim Joyce was one of the best around and he knew when to retire as opposed to others who seem to think they need the funeral benefits.

David
    Participant

Free

Each team should be allowed 2 replays a game, 1 for a play on the field and 1 for a K that can only be used on a 3rd strike. If the call stands, you loose your challenge for the rest of the game, if not then you keep it. As far as time consuming, I have a suggestion for that. How about when a reliever comes in during an inning, the manager makes the call from the dugout, sends the sign to the catcher or whatever. Does the manager really need to walk out there to tell his pitcher he’s done then wait for the reliever. It’s not like he’ll get lost from the bullpen to the mound.

David
    Participant

Free

I’ll be checking updates on my phone for most of the game, hoping to catch the end of it as I have the last couple nights which seemed to work in our favor. I think these 3 things are key to a Cardinal victory
    1: Wacha must limit his walks.
    2: Get to Thor for some early runs
    3: be aggressive on the base pads and play small ball.

David
    Participant

Free

Milwaukee up early on madbum and the Giants, 5-1 (B5)

David
    Participant

Free

Giants narrow the lead to one, 5-4 after 5

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll be checking updates on my phone for most of the game.

We need you back live on our game threads, Dave. You’ve been missed. It’s hard to believe that you have only been with us for about 3 weeks, as it seems like 3 years.

David
    Participant

Free

I appreciate that, Pugsley. I always feel welcomed when I’m amongst my buddies of Cardinal nation. And I echo your same thought. I’ve been here for 3 weeks but it feels like 3 fabulous years. My only regret is I didn’t join sooner.

David
    Participant

Free

Giants have tied it up 6-6, still batting in the 7th

David
    Participant

Free

Take the lead as they head to the 8th. 7-6

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This could be a horribly miserable week and weekend for both the cubbies and the Crew. Now they know how we feel. Yeah, I know the cubs and their fans experienced a 108 year drought, but for the very young cub fans, they have no idea what it’s like to be a total loser. But history will repeat itself.

David
    Participant

Free

Exactly Pugsley. History does have a way of repeating itself and with that said I am predicting the next Cubs title to be in 2125. See, I’m not totally anti Cubs, I do want to see them break their record.

David
    Participant

Free

I like the move to give Goldy a day off.

David
    Participant

Free

That lead was short lived. We’re trailing so I guess that means we’ve got them right where we want them.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wacha back in form and getting creamed in the first. I suppose Air Traffic Control is still tracking the Alonso missile.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Wacha, geez, something needs to be done about him. He’s not worth a sack of potatoes anymore. Everybody sits on his fastball or change. That’s what happens when you are a 2 pitch pitcher.

r/Esteemed Rat

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.