StL 2019 Game 55 thread: Thu 5/30 at Phils

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 55 thread: Thu 5/30 at Phils

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

And Carpenter homers in a PH role. Shildt and the Cards are pushing all the right buttons today.

It looks like Hudson may be settling in and becoming a reliable starter. Man, he could be a real good one if he can progress from his minor league success to doing that at this level. He and Flaherty are both pitching well of late. Get Mikolas and whoever the 5th guy will be on track, and there could be a run of success still to come for this club.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree Mike. Flaherty and Hudson are really settling down and showing their stuff. Them along with Mikolas could make a decent 1-2-3 in the rotation. If we could get some positivity out of the other two slots we might start getting somewhere.

Let’s win today, take 2 out of 3 from the Cubs, and we will start feeling better about things.

philcron77
    Participant

Free

I think we have to hope Reyes is what everyone thinks and hopes he could be. Then you only have to worry about the 5th spot. Cabrera showed a promising live arm or does CMart ever make it all the way back?

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I can’t wait to see the next propaganda video promoting Andrew Miller as the second coming.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Trouble is brewing in the 8th…the Phils scored one on a Harper single and now have runners at the corners with no one out. Hoskins is at the plate as the tying run.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Hicks closes out the 9th 1-2-3. Cards win 5-3 and the freefall has momentarily abated.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

After his awful defensive performance last night, ironically it’s Fowler who ends the game with an excellent catch of a foul, snatching it away from a fan against the railing in RF.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Good win. I am glad they could get Hicks into a game. I could only imagine what would be said if they had used him last night to keep him sharp and then he blew today’s game.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A nice win to close the series. Now let’s finish May on a win streak!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Isn’t it suspicious that Pugs stops doing the play by play, and the team goes into a tailspin??

Merely a fluke, stlcard25. My work is presently taking up a lot more of my time. I love new business, but I hope to get freed up some soon. I miss hanging out with you guys on these game treads, as you all make the games much more interesting. I am still bullish on our Birds. They will get it together. HUGE series this weekend. If they lay an egg again this weekend vs these guys, it will bed very very disheartening. I do not see that occuring…..but then again, I saw us taking 2-3 in this Philly series.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Some catch by Dex to close the door. He had some impressive hang time on that catch!

Hudson is getting command of that sinker. Regular work baby! It’s what it takes to successfully play this game. Baseball is primarily a skill game, so you gotta get your reps to get sharpen those skills.

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.