StL 2019 Game 55 thread: Thu 5/30 at Phils

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 55 thread: Thu 5/30 at Phils

This topic contains 35 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by bicyclemike bicyclemike 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:05 p.m. Dakota Hudson (3-3, 4.22) vs. RH Jerad Eickhoff (2-2, 3.86) Fox Sports Midwest // KMOX

This is Miles Mikolas (4-5, 4.76) day, but he is being held back for the Friday Cubs opener.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well, whats the weather like in Philadelphia for this one?

I should be tuned in as I cant mow today because of all the rain we have had here in SW Indiana.

r/Esteemed Rat

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A new look in the top three spots. Carpenter, Molina and Fowler out.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

An interesting if only temporary lineup. Resting for the Cubs and giving some a mental break is a likely reason but Yadi and Carp do have bo-bos. Fowler’s bo bo may be between his ears as his return to #1 has not gone well at all. Maybe Wong can do some damage but his drop in BA recently has not helped his Gold Glove bid (I know, GG is defense but it seems that decent offense is important too).

After reading those Twitter replies to the above post I know why I don’t do social media. Sound more like a bunch of whiners who vow to never watch again………then they post the next day……and the next.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy is hitting third today.

Finally!!!!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s currently raining here, although I’m a ways from Philly. Looks like some storms in southern PA, although they may or may not impact the game.

We need to find some way to get a win here.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

We finally get a massive lineup shakeup and all it took was the team going 6-18, falling 2 games below .500. I knew there was a reason Shildt got paid to make these moves.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Interesting article on Twitter. After retiring from the military, I’m now finishing my 14th and last year as a high school Junior ROTC instructor. It’s been eye catching to witness how the smartphone and social media have evolved the social behavior and habits of young people. Aside from the obvious classroom disruptions, I too think a lot of it is negative, but certainly not all.

I say that as a person who is pro-technology, educated and previously assigned in high tech areas. There are so many benefits with technology, but throughout history we’ve seen it to be a double edged sword. I don’t look at twitter unless someone links something of specific interest to me. I also closed my Facebook account shortly after the last presidential election with all the non-sense I saw friends and relatives throwing back and forth there.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Change or no change?

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With Thomas going down to MEM I might guess that O’Neill will be in St. Louis if Cabrera goes down. O’Neill didn’t play in last night’s game.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Have you seen any credible speculation that Cabrera would be optioned out?

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Solo shots by Wieters and Ozuna give St. Louis 2-0 lead. I’ve got fingers crossed the lineup shakeup pans out. Just hopping the offense doesn’t fall asleep the rest of the game like they have a tendency of doing.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Also, Wieters is certainly opening up the door for more playing time. I know the Yadi blah blah blah stuff, but it wouldn’t hurt Yadi to take a seat 1-2 times a week and let Wieters start.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Dakota Hudson gonna throw his back out from putting all 25 guys on his back and carrying them to victory. Through 3 he’s faced the minimum (9 batters) with 33 pitches. He’s given up a single and struck out 3.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Back to back singles by Goldy and Ozuna have the Cards cooking for more runs but Goldy gets picked off 2B. Lolz just more idiotic blunders from a team that’s sinking. Then JMart K’s looking. Way to kill a rally guys.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Wieters gets another hit, a single this time but Gyorko grounds out softly.

JMart’s bat apparently has joined the other Cardinal bats in purgatory.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Through 5 and Cards lead 2-1. As feared, the offense has disappeared on schedule.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Isn’t it suspicious that Pugs stops doing play by play, and the team goes into a tailspin?? Hmm… 😉

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wieters is building some real trade value

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A rare stroke of luck there as the intentional walk looks genius and the liner goes right to Dejong who tags Harper for the inning ending double play. 2-1 after 6.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Gyorko is a real jerk to the Phillies. 2-run blast makes it 4-1.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Why are the Phillies wearing throw back road uniforms? I can see the throwback part, but why would they wear a road uni for a home game?

Jedd with a 2-run shot to make it 4-1 Cardinals.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jedd getting some play and is looking good…even if it is just to get more trade value and make Carp watch and feel some pressure to figure it out

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp gets a break on the check swing call and then hits a homer. 5-1 Cards.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years