StL 2019 Game 53 thread: Tue 5/28 at Phils

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 53 thread: Tue 5/28 at Phils

This topic contains 39 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Avatar NJ315 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Lol this team isn’t even going to make the playoffs. 4 years with no playoffs and he’s still talking about 2-4 years down the road? Sure, Bill. Which Bill doesn’t care because fans are still flocking to the stadium to see a below .500 team and he has his rightsholding mouth-pieces at FSMW to promote his propaganda.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

This team is just so mediocre.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The Cards had already scored three runs after their first four hitters had batted in the first inning. They finished the game with just two more hits and no more runs. That’s how you extend a losing stretch.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Yep, an in-game example of our offense so far this year. We score runs in bursts, but do not seem to consistently put runners across the plate.

Man, what a difference when your closer throw strikes. I did not see any of these “fastest pitches of the season” from Neris, but saw a low stress 1-2-3 inning with 2 Ks.

Man, this club will be happy to see the calendar change to June!

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well said Euro

Pitching again didn’t falter. Hitting did
    Again

All this talk about Genesis or trading for madbum or Scherzer or keuchel or whoever is really pointless

The hitters aren’t hitting. And no one is willing to do anything about it. Carp and Fowler switch is nothing.

Let Muñoz play 2b. Pit Jmart back in the field. Call up Edman and Oneill and let them play. Put the stars on the bench for a while and see what happens.

Change something with what you have or deal what you have for something new.

Sometimes you have take 4 cards on a bad draw for Poker. It looks bad and it doesn’t work but you might just have a better shot at winning. It probably can’t be worse

GACard
    Participant

Free

Close to sliding into last place

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We need batters who make contact and heaven forbid. Have a high average. AVG may not be the best stat but it is what this team is missing.

I will take a team of Adam Eaton’s over the ups and downs of Carps an Goldys even if the ceiling for them is higher.

Put the ball in play and create action and pressure by getting guys on.

Walks are good and all but I’ll take a 2 hit day over a 3 walk day

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not giving up on the team. I just want to see changes because I’m not seeing anything but beating the head against the wall day in day out

Fail with your changes but fail by doing something. Ra ra only goes so far

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Shildt’s lineup shakeup is a pathetic attempt. I thought he was a analytics/metrics guy? I haven’t seen his ‘genius’ sense before they lifted the interim tag. It’s been all down here since that day. I’m not saying he’s the problem but he isn’t helping fix the problem.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

This is a frustrating season for sure. It’s because fans really enjoy watching great, fundamental baseball. For a fleeting moment, it was a joy to see the Bader assist to Yadi nailing Harper. It’s even exciting to see the other team make great plays. However, when you don’t get much of that from your own team, it’s a let down. Losing is not the end of the world when it’s because the other team plays well, as opposed to your own team’s sub par play. The Cards just don’t seem focused enough to string together very much good baseball. Sometimes I wonder how mentally focused these guys are, not just in the game, but as they prepare for the game during the day.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Close to sliding into last place

Lose tomorrow, coupled with a Reds win, and that’s where they’ll be.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Here’s a fun fact:

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Offense, offense, my kingdom for somebody that can hit the d–n ball — especially against a guy throwing trash to a strike zone that is dugout to dugout wide. Without exception the whole team is on a downhill offensive slide. BUT……I just saw the sun come up and hopefully one or more contractors will show up to work on our tornado damaged home today – they are usually no-notice people. So baseball is a frustrating form of entertainment but it beats these darn rains, floods and tornadoes.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Have a problem with hitting? Perhaps you should try to solve it by sitting your best hitter. Oh, I guess we tried that.

NJ315
    Participant

DeJong, Ozuna, and Goldy are the best hitters

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years