StL 2019 Game 48 thread: Tue 5/21 vs. Royals (moved to 5/22 evening)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 48 thread: Tue 5/21 vs. Royals (moved to 5/22 evening)

This topic contains 41 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

After Monday’s day off…

7:15 p.m. RHP Michael Wacha (3-1, 4.93) vs. RHP Homer Bailey (4-4, 5.36) Fox Sports Midwest // KMOX // WIJR

Update: As most probably already know, following the Tuesday postponement, Wacha was moved to the day game with Adam Wainwright starting in the evening.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Need to make some hay in this quick two game set with the Royals. They are one of the worst teams in baseball. Cubs lost a tough one last night 5-4 to the Phillies. The 8th, 9th, and 10th innings were quite interesting. Descalso went from the hero to almost the goat.

Anyway, need a sweep of KC and then two of three from Atlanta at home.

Oh, and by the way, the Cubs were back on ESPN again last night.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No need to guess the lineup because we all know what’s coming. Shildt absolutely positively refuses to budge on making lineup changes. I really thought he was going to be more progressive and flexible than his stubborn predecessor but I guess I was wrong.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

May 21, 2018 W/L= 25-19.
    May 21, 2019 W/L= 24-23.

I’m guessing that some of that money lost to poor acquisitions is having an effect in the standings. AND we have a MUCH better manager this season. 🙂

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Will they get to use the 26th man tomorrow?

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Doppler Radar doesn’t show anything in or around the St. Louis area. I hope those meterologists know what they are talking about.

r/Esteemed Rat

p.s. I am sure they do.

NJ315
    Participant

It will rain they are never wrong.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Avatar NJ315.
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

STL is expected to get HEAVY storms between 8pm-11pm.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

It looks like its getting close to St. Louis now, about an hour away. It does still look like it could skirt along the west side and not hit St. Louis. I guess time will tell. Its times like these that I wish Granny Clampett and her bug (appropriately named Cecil) were here to give us the scoop on the weather.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~~who doesn’t have a bug named Cecil

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Update – looks like the storm front is inching closer to St. Louis and will indeed hit the city. Nice job Cecil.

r/Esteemed Rat

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The storm that St. Louis tonight was Hurricane Gloria. Lots of Cardinals players at the Blues game tonight and they are headed to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

I posted yesterday morning that this game would likely be affected by weather. A long line of severe thunderstorms was moving up from the Texas/Oklahoma area right through Springfield and across the state to St Louis.

Here is my ‘something learned new’ for today. How many will confess that they did not know this either:

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Hey Rat, I watched an episode of The Beverly Hillbillies for the first time in ages the other day (Mayor Hogg episode). I’m home a couple weeks after Achilles surgery with a lot of time on my hands and nowhere to go. But I do have to take exception with you referring to Daisy May Moses as Granny “Clampett.” A true Beverly Hillbillies aficionado knows she was Jed’s mother-in-law. I’m sure that was just an accidental slip of the keystroke.

Speaking of the game, hopefully Wacha can turn it around today. He’s had just one start this year in which I’d say he was sharp.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Yeah Euro, you are right. Its not Granny Clampett. She was a Moses from Tennessee. Anyway, her weather beetle is named Cecil, at least I got that right.

Watch the episode where Jed and Jethro go shoot some golf. Leo Durocher is in that one. He tries to recruit Jethro for the Dodgers.

r/Esteemed Rat

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Aha, I remember that one many years ago. I’ll have to watch it again with all this free time I have. They called him Mr DOOrocher. Jethro had quite an arm I remember. Max Baer is about the only one still living from that series I believe.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards have to sweep this twin bill! You can say “But Pugs….it’s only May” until you’re blue in the face, but the next thing you know, we’re going to look up and we’ll be 10 games back with only 20 to play. Concerning the second important topic on hand….The Beverly Hillbillies. Back in the day all of my buddies went ga-ga over the sweet Elly May. She was as sweet as sugar pie, but my favorite was kind of a sleeper….the alluring Ms. Jane Hathaway. You had to really look close, but if you starred deep into those little brown eyes of her’s , out rushed this beauty of a sultry woman who could launch a thousand ships on her looks alone. I used to love when Mr. Drysdale would pass out because he thought a big wad of Clampett cash was exiting his bank. The only thing that could revive him was a handful of $100 bills put right under his nose. They sure don’t make them like they used to.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

I’m all in for a sweep, Pugs. Sweeps in May can avoid having to get sweeps in September.

And LOL at this. No matter how many times Miss Jane made a move on Jethro, I guess he never looked deep enough into her eyes.

but my favorite was kind of a sleeper….the alluring Ms. Jane Hathaway.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Jethro simply didn’t go for the older ladies, Euro. One would think that any red blooded American male could never resist the scalding temptations of the likes of a Ms. Hathaway though. And since today is a doubleheader, I wonder if this means that The Esteemed Rat is going to share both his lunch and dinner menu with us?

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs,
    I just got back from the amish restaurant. Had chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, noodles, dressing, blackberry cobbler, choc cream pie, and some soft serve ice cream. And the gal at the checkout had really big uns too. I think she likes showing them off – she sure did today.

For late night supper probably a fried bologna sandwich with mustard and some choc chip cookies, and then a cigar while I watch a late game.

And the Cards need to right the ship tonight. They NEED to win tonight. The Braves are coming in for a three game set and it wont be easy to win two of three.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~~~who hasn’t got to the BMW Dealership in Evansville yet because it just keeps raining.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well that lineup looks familiar.

I’ll give Shildt credit for one thing. He has decided that if he goes down he is going to do it his way come heck or high water.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

He talks about trying to fix what’s not working yet he sticks with the same lineup? hahahahahahahahahaha

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Exploring alternatives evidently is not a Shildt strong suit.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years