StL 2019 Game 44 thread: Thu 5/16 at Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 44 thread: Thu 5/16 at Braves

This topic contains 51 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by BlackHillsCard BlackHillsCard 5 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:20 p.m. RHP Adam Wainwright (3-3, 4.15) vs. RHP Julio Teheran (2-4, 4.26) Fox Sports Midwest // MLB Network (out of market) // KMOX

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well are we gonna get some offense in this one. would be nice to win a series here.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Reds helped us on Wednesday night. Come from behind extra inning win against the Cubs 6-5.

Brian? You read my other thread, about the Advertising Signs behind Homeplate?

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Brian is at a loss of words concerning your epic ‘Advertising Signs Behind Homeplate’ thread, Esteemed Rat……….as are the rest of us.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Well Carp is now below Mendoza but he has promised to wake up, adjust his launch angle, improve his batters eye and fulfill his leadoff commitment. He was told last year that #1 is his for now and forever so no worries on that. But some fans are getting tired of seeing the pitcher and #1 bat and being unable to distinguish which is which with a bat.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I think Brian is at a loss of words concerning your epic ‘Advertising Signs Behind Homeplate’ thread, Esteemed Rat……….as are the rest of us

Well, dagnabit Pugs, i’d like to be able to see the pitch when its coming in. You cant see it with a white Advertising sign when a lefty is pitching.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When a southpaw is dealing, just turn the channel to Barnaby Jones until the half inning is over, Esteemed Rat.

I wish we were playing an afternoon game instead of this evening, as I’m chomping at the bit for a little Birds baseball. If we lose this one, it sure is going to cement the recent trend of belting the opposition in the first game and then losing the remainder of the games in the series. I don’t know if I have ever seen a team follow that course? This team may require some sort of physiological counseling to figure this mystery out.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

What is sort of odd about this recent trend, is we had just the opposite a few series’ ago against the Reds. They thumped us 12-1 in the opener, and we came back to win the final two.

Here is my lineup tonight, to give a little different look.

Wong
    Fowler
    Goldschmidt
    DeJong
    Ozuna
    Molina
    Carpenter
    Bader
    Wainwright

JMart off the bench for a key moment. I would not have a problem putting Gyorko in rather than Carp. If Carp goes another game without trying to lay one down the third base line like Wong did last night, he is benched indefinitely.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikey likey, BicycleMike. Shildt better do something. DeWitt didn’t hire him to trot the same lineup out there day after day , no matter how lousy they are performing.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree with the lineup changes…

anyone thought about Yadi in the 2 hole? The way he is hitting I kind of like it

how about:

Fowler, Yadi, DeJong, Goldy, Ozuna, Jmart, Carp, Wong

NJ315
    Participant

Free

Based on the OBP who should bat second and leadoff? I know who shouldn’t Mr. .297

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The question is simply this……How long of a leash is Carpenter going to get this year to start his hot streak? He has hitter friendly stadiums this week so by Sunday if he’s not turned it around i’d say its time for a change. Certainly against lefties we start either Munoz or Gyorko.

r/Esteemed Rat

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Carpenter needs to spend a week or so at Army artillery training. His launch angle is is need of adjustment and his ballistic trajectory is all screwed up. He was a consistent hitter until somebody introduced him to the launch angle BS.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m just not feeling the love here for our boys. Let’s see the support here tonight!

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Who decided to make the challenge? Need somebody else advising Shildt on replays. It was pretty obvious they would not overturn that call.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Euro showing the love! I knew you wouldn’t abandon our boys in this most difficult of times.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow did JMart smoke that shot to center….but unfortunately right at Acuna.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And Carp needs to lose those 2 gigantic gobs of eye-black! It looks ridiculous on cloudy days or nights. He needs to hit at least .240 to get away with something so silly.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh oh , Waino walks “Cake” to leadoff the 2nd and that usually spells troubke.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The next batter, Riley, doubles off the top of the right field wall with Markakis holding at 3rd. That Riley shot was literally 2 inches from being a homer. It’s odd in that since it didn’t eclipse the wall it’s perceived as a long blast that just missed going over. However, if that ball had traveled 2 inches farther for a homer, it would have kind is resembled a cheapie that just inched over the wall. Sac fly now puts Atlanta up 1-0.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Here’s my quarter pole grades so far:

Waino… A-
    Miko….B
    Gant…A-
    Brebbia…A-
    Flaherty…C
    Carp…F
    Wong…C
    Goldy…C-
    DeJong…B+
    Marcell…B-
    Fowler…B
    JMart…B+
    Yadi…B

Not bad grades overall. How in heck are we tanking it????……oh I forgot Shildt!

Shildt…D-

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gheesh….those are 4 (I’ll be nice here) plain Jane tomahawk choppers there!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cake doubles in Freeman making this a 3-0 Braves ballgame here in the 3rd and looking for more.

Riley first pitch swinging blisters a base hit and now we’re looking at a 4 run deficit. Why can’t our team have a kid that hits like this in the bigs????

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The pitcher gets in on the hit parade and now it’s 5-0 Braves…Cards nail an overanxious base runner at 3rd to finally retire the side. We now have an adjustment to Waino’s 2019 grade to B.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years