StL 2019 Game 42 thread: Tue 5/14 at Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 42 thread: Tue 5/14 at Braves

This topic contains 37 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 14NyquisT 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:20 p.m. RHP Jack Flaherty (3-3, 4.32) vs. RHP Mike Foltynewicz (0-2, 5.94) Fox Sports Midwest // KMOX

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Its amazing to me how many posters think the sky is falling. At the worst we are, what 3.5 games out of 1st place and its not even Memorial Day.

Woe is us.

Doomed.

Fire everyone.

Cubs pounding Milwaukee tonight in the 3rd by the score of 1-0. They will probably blow them out tonight and win out the rest of the way.

r/Esteemed Rat

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Fire everyone.

Nope, fire the one responsible for the 77 plus million broken bullpen. that’s the only one that should go at the moment. But speaking of those Cubs and Brewers, they will be battling all summer for the division and wildcard spots. The Cardinals not so much with this pitching staff and inconsistent offensive attack. But hey maybe they can figure Atlanta out before playing in the little box in Arlington.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Avatar TexasCard.
    Stpcard
    Participant

Free

Well we have been right the last three years. Your easy going no big deal attitude is how this team plays and that’s why we will be right for the fourth year in a row. You baseball people that scream “it’s only one game” “it’s only May” you tend to disappear come September when this franchise is home for the holidays again. Every game counts the same no matter the date on the calendar. The Brewers and the cubs have men playing while we have pretenders on our roster.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have been racking my brain on ways to jump start this lineup. Here is one idea:

CF Fowler/Bader
    SS DeJong
    1B Goldy
    RF JMart
    C Molina
    3B Carp/Gyroko
    LF Ozuna
    2B Wong/Munoz
    P

There are three different platoons based on the pitcher we face.

I would also like to see more Ponce and Gomber and less Hudson and Wacha in the rotation.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I actually think Carpenter and the Cardinals can get on track a little bit these next 2 series. We’ve played well in ATL since they opened the new park. Both are offensive friendly. Some of that will depend on the pitching.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Put the darn ball in play and good things can and will happen. Simple …yes, but this needs to be these guys’ mantra. Far far far too much whiffing going around. If I’m Shildt, with the exception of Yadi and the pitcher, I’m getting in the face of every gard darn player who strikes out, as soon as they hit those dugout steps, until further notice.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Now you’re talking Pugs!

As the Reds announcer Chris Welsh said on a broadcast last year…..”It used to be embarrassing to strikeout!”……

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Carpenter needs to at least try a bunt or two down the third base line. It would help him keep his head down and eye on the ball, and make the defense think a little on that shift.

For now I would try this way for a little shakeup – sort of turn the lineup upside down:

Wong
    Fowler
    Goldschmidt
    DeJong
    Ozuna
    Martinez
    Molina
    Carpenter
    Flaherty

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I turned the game on just in time to see Goldy strike out. Not sure how Marp got on base. Now Dejong hits a soft fly ball into LF to put two on.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna with the big fly to make it 3-0!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jack with two K’s as he sets the Braves down in order in the 1st.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna crushes one juuuust foul but can’t get his second dinger of the night. He does move Goldy over, who scores on Jmart’s single. 4-0 Cards

858booyah
    Participant

Free

That appeared to be real close to a homer by Ozuna again.

Jose with a 2 out hit and it’s 4-0.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dexter gets in on the party with a no doubter out to right center. 5-0 Cards

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadi with a blast to center makes it 8-0!!

That’s it for Folty tonight.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I actually think Carpenter and the Cardinals can get on track a little bit these next 2 series. We’ve played well in ATL since they opened the new park. Both are offensive friendly.

Your comment is looking good so far.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hopefully the Cards don’t use up all their offense in this series in game 1. A little luck gives them their 10th run here in the 5th.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

What’s the decorum on calling off the dogs/pseudo mercy rule? Pugs usually has something to say about that.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, this club is crazy – feast or famine!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The shift ends the no hit bid. A weird end of bat shot.

I just want Jack to go 6 here.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well they are firing on all cylinders tonight. things are getting iffy for Flaherty now. ill give carp a pass on that but could have been caught. but can we keep this offense going more than one game, that’s the question. tonight is nice but it could just be a bad start by their pitcher not anything we have done. we will know more after the next couple of games assuming we hold on here.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looking more like he will struggle to go 5. Walks in a run to make it 11-2. He’s one pitch away from letting the Braves back into the game.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I sort of saw the wheels coming off a bit last inning for Jack.

He’s a mess right now and doesn’t appear to have the ability to make it through 6.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years