StL 2019 Game 37 thread: Wed 5/8 vs. Phils

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 37 thread: Wed 5/8 vs. Phils

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:45 p.m. RHP Jack Flaherty (3-2, 4.17) vs. RHP Jerad Eickhoff (1-1, 2.05) Fox Sports Midwest // MLB Network // KMOX

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Fletcher needs to be on his game in this one. The Cards are back in 2nd place and free falling. The Cubs are RED HOT and rolling to the NL Central crown and most likely another world championship.

I will probably miss this one as I will be in Evansville looking at a new 5-series BMW. Thinking about trading my Alfa Romeo 4C for a new BMW.

Then on the way home I will stop at the Gasthof, the amish restaurant, and get my late lunch. The amish gals will probably start throwing their skirts up when they see me come strolling in.

Then later tomorrow night down to Jasper for the high school game, Vincennes at Jasper. The Jasper coach notched his 800th win on Monday night. Only two other coaches in Indiana high school history have ever got to 800.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Amish gals will probably start throwing up when they see me come strolling in.

Now now now, Rat! They may not exactly be turning somersaults with your arrival, but I think you’re being too hard on yourself. May I suggest pulling the trigger on that 5-series BMW and then honking the horn like a madman when you pull into that Amish restaurant parking lot….. that’s bound to turn a few heads.

P.S. No offense, but your Jasper squad is about to get throttled by that upstart Vincennes juggernaut tomorrow, Rat. I’m calling it 11-4 Good Guys.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I enjoy the early games like this…I can watch the Cards, catch the ending as I eat dinner and still have time to do something outside afterward.

Hopefully Flaherty can keep the ball in the park, as he’s only managed to do so twice in seven starts. If he can, I like the Redbirds’ chances to win the series.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cards are not getting enough credit from Rats and the Cubs way too much. Chicago lost to Miami at home and then were played even through eight innings before winning on a home run in the ninth. The Cubs and Cards are a half-game apart in the standings. It is going to be a fight all season, not a cakewalk.

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

I try to NEVER get to high or too low watching the team I have been a fan of since I was 8 years old. I had to turn it off long before it was over as it was hard to believe this was a ML club playing.
    This team has the sad look of a third place finish in the division. That happens and the place needs to be cleaned out starting with MO.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Just my luck. After I finished watching the end of the Cubs game I then watched my regular Tuesday night episode of Cannon. After it was over I flipped over to the Reds game which had just started due to the lighting delay.

After the Reds batted in the 4th the Oakland pitcher had a no-hitter going. I figured no way, and since I was tired just hit the hay so I could be sure and get up on time to head to Evansville to check out the new BMW.

And of course, Fiers throws a no-hitter against the Reds. If I would have just lit up another cigar I could have made it through the whole game. You don’t see those too often.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s face it, our rotation is garbage right now. How this team is 21-15 with a rotation this bad is really amazing. We have zero starters with an ERA under 4.00.

Mikolas seems to be coming around.
    Waino has been pretty decent suprisingly.
    Flaherty is up and down at best. Gives up way too many bombs.
    I don’t know what to do with Wacha. He is a mess.
    Hudson needs to go to Memphis, like as in today.

Ponce, Gomber, Woodford, or Shew deserve a shot if we aren’t going to look outside the organization.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Bartolo Colon is still out there and available.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Apparently, no one wants to watch the Phillies. Jean Segura with the nice kick save to stifle Munoz trying to steal. Why not just throw your whole body in front of the bag so no one can reach?

This one has the feel of a Flaherty gopher ball being the difference.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty looking very shaky. He walks the opening man in the 5th, then a smoked double in the gap and a weird single.

Now the defense rears its ugly head as Carpenter runs into Dejong. Everyone safe and it’s 2-0. Sheesh

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Keystone Kops at it again

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Phillies now blowing the game open with a double into the left field corner. The Cards’ young pitchers have a ton of growing they need to do on the mental side of the game.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not much going right these days. We can’t pitch, can’t hit, and can’t field. Barring a comeback we will be 1-6 in our last seven games.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This umpire isn’t helping with the bad strike zone, but Flaherty’s lack of control isn’t helping things. One swing here from Realmuto could end things.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

After what happened over the weekend getting embarrassed by your rival- coming home you’d think they’d play w a little more focus and fire. Not this team and not this franchise. This is a team of players that don’t know how to compete. They play with zero toughness and they are gutless.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Jeez, these two guys yammering on and on and on about everything except the game they are supposed to be announcing – their grandmothers, a game they once threw a bad pitch in… I’m screaming SHUT UP WILL YA.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One thing I will say in defense of Shildt. He usually doesn’t waste his best relievers in a game in which we have little probability of winning. Our previous manager would have already used Miller, Brebbia, Gant, and Hicks today, forgetting that we still have four consecutive games until the next off day.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

. We can’t pitch, can’t hit, and can’t field. Barring a comeback we will be 1-6 in our last seven games.

My goodness. I go off the net for two days during a business trip to our Nation’s capital, and our guys only score 1 run in two games. What the…..? 0-3-2 on the box score today ain’t going to win any games. But, I’m holding out hope this stretch is just an aberration and our guys will start winning again vs. Pittsburgh. Last few years, starting pitching was above average and BP sucked, this year just the opposite. Combine with defensive errors and poor base running, it’s no wonder we’re headed towards the bottom. Time to regroup on the 90% mental thing Yogi quipped about.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

As we might have said as kids after something distasteful, “that was yucky”. What a poor couple of games. Lousy execution, no offense, weak pitching, defensive blunders.

When was the last time Goldschmidt did anything to help the club? He seems to strike out about every other AB. Just for the heck of it I checked the guys we dealt away for him, and Carson Kelly has been about the equal of Yadi so far, Luke Weaver is pitching well, and the D-Backs new first baseman is hitting quite a lot better than Goldschmidt. Fortunately we did not have anything to do with giving up that guy. We only let the amazingly suddenly good Luke Voit walk away.

Now I think Goldy will get it going and put up some solid numbers before the season is out, maybe even stellar numbers, but right now he is not doing it.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

The Phils were playing with some heavy hearts. What other excuse can we use for the teams performance the last 2 series?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Marlins played the Cubs even again, only to lose in the 11th inning.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tayron Guerrero looks like a stud reliever. Triple digit heat, and a nice breaking ball. Too bad they wouldn’t trade him. How about a combo of GUerrero and Hicks for the 8th/9th.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.